Ricoh C7100 density/saturation issues

Discussion in 'Ricoh Color Laser Printers & Color Copiers' started by temhoanggia, Mar 28, 2018.

1. temhoanggia

temhoanggia New Member

Printing business cards on 130# Cover weight (Classic Crest 130 DTC) and running into color density/saturation issues with the logo (See attached photos: left is the correctly printed image, right is what I am getting). The image prints fine on text weight media fine. But is very light and spotty with this cover media. Have already played with the AC texture mode voltages and gotten the toner coverage to not be as spotty. Messing with the paper and image transfer currents did not help. I am at a loss on what I can do fix the print other than abandon the paper and choose something else.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    TemHoangGia manufacturer label,sticker

Attached Files:

2. Biggs

Biggs Senior Member

Transfer voltage would usually bring the density to where it needs to be - but since you tried that, let me ask what size the sheet is? Have you tried rotating the item so that particular graphic is off the lead edge? Also try gauging the paper caliper, if you're way beyond 16pt (and uncoated covers tend to mic super thick) it may too thick to transfer (or fuse) properly.
    My 100# Accent has a caliper of nearly 14pt. I imagine that 130 may be pushing 20pt.

Digital manufacturers love to simply use GSM to gauge run-ability. But there are other factors that come into play...