Ricoh C5100 versus Konica Minolta bizhub c654

Discussion in 'Ricoh Color Laser Printers & Color Copiers' started by ABerg3860, Jul 16, 2013.

1. ABerg3860

ABerg3860 Member

We have been in negotiations between two companies for a new digital color printer. We have narrowed down the choices between a Ricoh C5100 and a Kinica Minolta Bizhub C654. One of the things we would like to do with the machine is to use it as a proof press. On longer run jobs we run four color work and a two color press. Both companies say they can accomplish that purpose. Ricoh says that the C654 is not a production machine and will not be consistent in color, KM says not so, especially with an external Fiery rip. Any thoughts on these two machines would be appreciated.

2. lggraphix

lggraphix New Member

Did you decide on either of the machines yet? We are currently in negotitaions on the C5100 and was curious what your outcome was and how your machine was working out for you.

3. Carlob

Carlob Member

Hm, are you sure that Ricoh C5100 and KM Bizhub C654 are in the same class?

I had opportunity to see and try Ricoh on Graphic show in my country, and Ricoh is simply far more serious piece of hardware... Ricoh has around 261kg in it's basic configuraton, and C654 just around 85kg! That's, speaks something.
    Also, you can have really great Fiery RIP with Ricoh, and with C654, only the basic one.

Also, print quality. I'm huge fan of Minolta, but, it's can't compare. Ricoh C5100 have really great impression. If you ask me, it maybe have even better print quality than Konica Minolta Bizhub Pro C6000L.

So, if you in doubt, check C6000L from Konica Minolta and compare it to Ricoh C5100. All other is comparing apple to plums. :)

4. ABerg3860

ABerg3860 Member

Actually, we did not do anything until just recently, and the choice was neither. We are getting today Konica Minolta C6000. After a few weeks I will try to let everyone know how it is doing.

5. Carlob

Carlob Member

I think you made a great choice... I'm thinking about Photobook printing machine, and KM print engine is great, if you ask me... I just would love to have C70HC model, but it's turn out that it's not available for a reasonable price in my country. Also, HC stands for High Cost :D more than for High Chroma, for me, of course...

6. OkiTech

OkiTech Senior Member

Hi ABerg. Congratulation on making the right choice. I actually scrolled down to type than none of the machines you had mentioned in original post are printshop ready, they could be better or worse but still office boxes. You went in right direction.

7. nicholas.dring

nicholas.dring New Member

I'm looking at the KM BH 70HC and the Ricoh Pro 5100s Although they are not the same level, the ricoh being light production its not an issue for me as I'm not running high volumes. I'm more interested in the print quality. The Ricoh for me prints better, images are sharper which I think maybe due to the 4800dpi compared to 1200dpi.
    I'm negotiated good prices for both so they are very close. Anyone out here got any experience with either machine?