Reviews on the Canon IP6010

Discussion in 'Canon imagePRESS Digital Presses' started by Michael4, Jan 26, 2011.

1. Michael4

Michael4 Senior Member

Just met with a Canon rep today for the lease of 6010. Just wanted to see if anyone had any experience with the machine? So far i'm impressed..

2. chad.skelton

chad.skelton New Member

The imagePRESS color series is quite imparessive, and this new generation includes a number of improvements in quality, consistency, and robustness. When compared to other equipment, the price-to-performance ratio is quite high.

Some key features include:
    - Very reliable feeding system using vacuum feeding, air separation, and dehumidification in all paper trays
    - Near perfect registration sheet-to-sheet and front-to-back due to alighnemt to a side guide (just like an offset press)
    - Real-time automatic color calibration and dynamic compensation for environmental (humidity & temperature) changes
    - Oil-less fusing and gloss optimization for that look and feel of offset
    - Professional in-line finishing capabilities that include both saddle-stitching and perfect binding with 3-side trimming

I've got hands on experience with the iGen and KM machines, and the imagePRESS is hands down better than both of those units. Compared to an iGen 3, the imagePRESS gives extremely high color consistency throughout a run and day-to-day. Also, there is less operator maintenance required. When compared to the KM 6501, the imagePRESS is a completely different class of machine. While the 6501 is build upon office technology and positioned for light production, the imagePRESS is truly a production digital press built from the ground up as such.

That probably sounds like an elevator pitch for the machine, but it's all valid.

However, the equipment is only as good as the service and support you will receive. Let me know if you are interested in hearing from a local Océ rep. We've got one of the best service and support groups in the country, not to mention the world.

3. Michael4

Michael4 Senior Member

I can definitely agree to that.

Since I posted that message I have signed an agreement with Canon for the lease of the C6010.
    It should be an exciting endeavor for our company.

I ran a KMc6501 for a number of years, and our current prints come from an IGEN 3, The Canon has exceeded all our expectations..