reviews and questions about pvc printer ZXP 8

Discussion in 'Print Community General Printing Discussion' started by 23ID, Jan 19, 2017.

1. 23ID

23ID New Member

Hello everybody

I did not find any introduction section, if there's one I'll be glad to post something there

I am looking for a PVC printer which would be used for graphic purposes. Hence no need to worry about security features (magnetic strip encoding etc). I would need one which makes over the edge printing with a "low" price. The lowest I found is Zebra ZXP Series 8. I have seen one where I live which goes for about 1800 USD. Looks like this is the cheaper price for a retransfer printer. I did not find many reviews online and would like to get a qualified opinion:

- what is your opinion about ZXP8 if you ever used it? Especially regarding quality printing/issues

- If I use non original ribbons/cards, may this result in lack of printing quality or other issues?

- Printer would not be used continuously. If it does not print for periods of time, may this be a problem? Like I need to change ribbon or printer stops working properly.

- printing on smart cards with chip and magnetic strip: Can I print on them? Just want to be sure that if I print a design which surrounds completely chip and strip I do not cause any issue to printer or that there are quality issues in the area around chip and strip.

- printer would be stored in a room with high temperature in summer: around 27° celsius. A fan would move air during the day. Can this affect printer or printing quality? Do you suggest placing it in a colder room?

If you have any suggestion about other printers feel free to tell me.
    Thank you for your time and help!