Retiring Film going to CTP, Need help on Plate supplies

Discussion in 'Platemaking' started by cjwworld, Nov 15, 2011.

1. cjwworld

cjwworld Member

We are retiring our film system and already have CTP system for our Newspaper plant. Currently we have an AB Dick 8820 and a 9800. Who do we contact to get Violet plates sizes for our Sheetfed presses? I do know that we will have to invest in a plate punch. We would love to retire the film Processor and imagesetter.

any ideas? Thanks in a advance

2. spike

spike Senior Member

if your newspaperplant is close by have them make your plates most ctp systems can output diffrent size plates
    you can contact nela ternes about a punch they are on the web

3. FSA

FSA Senior Member

cjwworld
    the PlateWriter 2000 is a solid device for one of the plants I work in, it's chem free and easy to use and maintaine. I have a few extra punches if you need, not sure what your pin system is, but if it is the same as the Ryobi I've got. If you have large formate then get the 2400
    FSA

4. cjwworld

cjwworld Member

Thanks for your thoughts. I guess, I didn't make it clear, we do have a CTP system that can do the size for our AB Dick. It actually is ECRM NewsMactic.

I just need thoughts on how to get the sizes for these sheetfed presses. I had sent an email to Southern Litho to see if they can provide the size.

Thanks for your input

5. FSA

FSA Senior Member

cjwworld
    9800 I think is 13" x 19 3/8" and the 8820 is 325.5 mm x 470 mm, that off the top of my head, hope that helps.
    FSA

6. cjwworld

cjwworld Member

Yes, you are correct. The pressman just gave the corrected size to me last Friday.. Thanks.

7. beagle501

beagle501 Member

Please send more info on the imagesetter. Age, model, etc.
    Are you still looking for an 8820 punch?
    Thanks

8. OkiTech

OkiTech Senior Member

Hi, I have a punch - I used it for my ABD 360. I believe 8820 have the same pattern but not sure if it will make enough holes for 9800. I will double check it tomorrow. Throw me your Email VIA PM so I can send you picture of it and communicate farther.
    Roman.

9. cjwworld

cjwworld Member

Thanks for replying but I found a punch. FYI, Both 9800 and a 8820 need the same punch