Residual or Ghosting

Discussion in 'Xerox iGen3, iGen4, & iGen5 Digital Presses' started by JHC17, Oct 19, 2012.

1. JHC17

JHC17 Member

Hi all,
    Running 14.3 x 19. full black coverage with large knock out text (white / blank). My problem is that the PR belt is leaving a trail of darker black of the knock out text (residual). Initially I thought it was the fuser, but I know this problem is due to the PR belt. Cleared a jam with a partial print between belt and HR and could see on the unfused sheet the residual or ghosting. The life on the belt is 167K; besides changing the PR belt, does anyone have suggestions?
    Job is set for B&W from the DFE but I am running in color mode on the PSIP to induce image quality adjustments as this helps with reducing the ghosting. But that is all I've got...
    Thanks
    JC

2. Greg_Firestone

Greg_Firestone Member

Just curious what the total area coverage is? Is it running rich black or K only?

Greg

3. JHC17

JHC17 Member

Straight black, probably 95% coverage on 14.3 x 19.00 with just block text without any toner (color of sheet - white - showing text). Wondering if it pr belt memory?

4. MarkD

MarkD Senior Member

Does it only start to happen 50 or so prints in. Sounds like the Wire MOD not cleaning. It is not PRB related, it is due to the wiremod not being able to clean it self properly due to the high amount of toner on it. I have had this problem since pre 1.4 software on iGen3's and it does happen on 4's.

In Dc131 look for the value PixelCount. If it is above 40 - 50 you are on the limits of what the iGen can supply in Toner so you will have to seperate the job into smaller runs to let it recover. I bet your Black toner age is in the low 10's - not a good place to be

First ensure that the ROS window is clean and does not have a film on it (more prevelent with Magenta due to it being above the Fuser)
    2nd change the wire mod
    Change VWireMod4 values up and down to see if any improvement
    Get your Tech to change the dev and calibrate the sensor using the fresh dev method to ensure that the toner concentration is correct.

There are some NVM value to set for 'Muddy Blacks' but these should have been done automatically in the latest software for 3's and 4's but get them to check anyway.

Check the cleaner vacuum at the front (should be approx 3 for a DESB and 3.5 for a CBC) and replace the toner filter. Ensure the preozone motors are running and that you have a good vacuum at the rear port (above 10)

Recreate the job at source to produce a Rich Black or try in Acrobat etc. Altough it is still 100% K it is only producing around 35% of the final colour as the mix is C40 M30 Y30 K100

This is a start - Good Luck

--
    Mark