Replacement of Main drive Motor

Discussion in 'Komori Printing Presses' started by ashokkrmehta, Jan 16, 2015.

1. ashokkrmehta

ashokkrmehta Member

20 balmukund macker road, kolkata 700007 INDIA
    Dear friends,
    I have one Lithrone 526 of 1989 make. Recently main drive motor developed some problem. One technician suggested for doing rewinding and another suggested for replacement with AC Motor and AC Drive. Existing motor is 15KW/22HP and RPM is 2000 or 2400 and was drawing approx 35A at 10000 speed.
    Which way should I go I need assistance. If new AC motor then does it performs

2. Meny

Meny Senior Member

Did you have a REAL KOMORI ENGINEER have a look at your press ?
    I think it is best to do this first , as you are talking rather big money in any case , and doing it all for nothing could be painfuul yet not solve the problem if that technitian is WRONG
    Good luck

3. Meny

Meny Senior Member

And then , IF a bad motor it is , i would go for an original one , even if used , as it will be the safe way.
    Can help you out with a motor (if & when you know for sure it is the motor that needs replacing)

4. presselectronics

presselectronics Senior Member

First off it is very rare for a Komori main motor to need rewinding. I agree with Meny that you should stick to the original motor if possible. What type of motor do you have? What type of motor drive/s do you have? What exactly is the motor doing wrong and when is it doing this?

If you can provide more detail, maybe we can give you a better answer...

5. ashokkrmehta

ashokkrmehta Member

20 balmukund macker road, kolkata 700007 INDIA
    Sorry for a late reply because of health ground.
    The motor was damaged because of main poweline problem and I needed it to be replaced. I replaced the motor with 20Kv AC motor with AC drive. It also helped me in reducing power consumption and low heat generation from motor. The motor and machine is running perfectly. Thanks.
    Ashok