Removeable UV Ink

Discussion in 'Ink' started by FordingRiver, Feb 11, 2023.

1. FordingRiver

FordingRiver New Member

I'm a publisher and recently received a print run on Yupo synthetic and noticed that I could smudge the ink if I rubbed it and worst could remove almost all of the ink if I used a standard eraser.
    I tried to replicate the effect on other products printed by the company and 6 different products from various publishers and was unsuccessful, no ink removal.

Does anyone know why this is happening? The quoted specs were 57lb Yupo synthetic & 4C UV Ink

01.jpg 02.jpg

2. Bunkerintegrated

Bunkerintegrated Member

Removable UV ink is a temporary printing solution that can be quickly peeled or washed off surfaces, making it perfect for advertisements, labels, or decals that need to be visible for only a brief period of time.

Adil likes this.
  3. Jack liston

Jack liston Senior Member

If you could remove something was wrong not cured correctly or wrong ink in the first place.many variable's with uv printing so

4. Adil

Adil Senior Member

Hi
    Yupo synthetic paper is non-porous, which means it doesn't absorb ink like traditional paper. The issue you're experiencing could be due to the UV ink not adhering well to the Yupo surface. This may result in smudging or easy removal, especially if the ink wasn't formulated to bond effectively with synthetic materials. It's advisable to consult with the printing company to ensure they're using inks compatible with Yupo synthetic paper or explore alternative printing methods for synthetic substrates.
    Goodluck