Registration & Skewing Problems (Had This For Over 3 Months & Still Not Sorted)

Discussion in 'Xerox iGen3, iGen4, & iGen5 Digital Presses' started by gavywill, Jan 17, 2013.

1. gavywill

gavywill Senior Member

One of our igen's is constantly skewing and having registration problems right now it's getting up to area 3 and stopping this is an engineers job so i'll place a call...
    We had an engineer a couple of months back replace all the wheels in area 2 the drop down area and that had fixed it for a while & now it has came back.
    everytime we print our covers on the oversize stock 540x335mm it will come out crooked by about 4mm one side will be higher than the other side which obviously causes major problems for binding.
    The machine also does it out of other trays too on 400x298mm covers it does it ocassionally but not all the time it seems the machine will have nights where it will just skew while printing our jobs.
    Just to let let you know also that we print 20 lines at one time and that will have 2 different paper types and thats when it starts skewing bad too due to the registration unit always learning the paper (thats what the engineer said anyway)

It's Just Come To A Point Now Where It Won't Print At All Because It's Skewing So Bad And Always Coming up With Registration Faults & in Administration It Says... XPE-08-3261 Input Skew Registration Fault, XPE-08-3262 Input Lateral Registration Fault,XPE-06-3070 Exessive Color Registration Variation, This One Is Common Alot XPE-06-3014 Too Few Registration Marks At The Outboard MOB Sensor Also, XPE-09-8002 Leval 1 TC Recovery Run During Skipped Pitch & XPE-03-3522 ------------.
    Alot of Registration Marks Not Detected Too By MOB Sensor & IOI Registration Too. Hope This Helps & It's An iGen 3

2. LeeB

LeeB Senior Member

If I recall I had something like this on my first gen 4. I believe it may have been the nip release motors/rollers? Or something like that. I think they replaced all of them. I was working 60 hours a week and not getting a damn thing done. Very frustrating introduction to the iGen

3. Milo Wilson

Milo Wilson Senior Member

Have you cleaned your registration sensors and glass? MOB sensors? MOB sensor calibration?

4. richman

richman Senior Member

The igen does learn the paper as you said, it will adjust the registration after a few sheets. I will always run a few proofs of each cover/text stock and do an image shift on the file to get it as close as possible. It's a pain, but it keeps the finishing people happy.

If you've run let's say 20 sheets of cover stock, and the registration is still skewing greater than 2mm, then run an IOP setup. Take your time and don't let anybody distract you while doing this because precision is essential. Or I'm sure if you don't feel comfortable, your technician would do this for you.

Make sure your registration platen glass & reflector bar is clean, and that the Area 2 latch is closed tightly. After a good IOP Setup, you should be okay. If not, Xerox will have to take care of it.

5. gavywill

gavywill Senior Member

I have Cleaned all sensors and done all the mob sensor calibration too and when doing the IOP it messes up all paper stocks then the tech's have to reset all paper types again... If i adjust one side in height i can do that for the whole queue can't I.