Recycling the plotter maintenance ink cartridge

Discussion in 'Large Format Inkjet Printers' started by Callum, Jun 7, 2008.

1. Callum

Callum Member

HI all

I have a plotter Canon W6200 that sometimes force me to substitute the maintenance cartridge.

THis cartridge collect the ink that is expelled during print head cleanliness.

Seeing that it happens a few to often, one times every two months, i was arguing if there was a wy to recover this cartridge without changing it, perhaps emptying it or resetting its chip.

Has someone of you experience at regard or different purchase options?

Thank you

2. JaredM

JaredM New Member

Yea $55 for a waste container that can be emptied and cleaned is a rip off. I don't know what the key sequence is on the w6200 though to clear the waste-ink counter. I bet there is one. If I find someone who knows I'll remember to post here.

3. Callum

Callum Member

Ok, thanks the same!
    Bye bye

4. EXRX

EXRX New Member

Found this on the net, not sure if it works. please post your findings...

2) As for W8400...Off Printer. Press button paper source & info button together then power on the printer. Hold the button paper source & info together until you see the service mode....Ding Dong. Look for W-INK...and reset.
    3) If the above do not work pls try the same procedure but press button paper source & online button together.

HTH

5. Printbuzz

Printbuzz Previous User

Forget about substitutng cartridges

You could try avoiding cartridges altogether. If you have an inkjet printer and you’re brainstorming how to cut down on the monstrous cartridge expenses and how to stop throwing out empty cartrdges, it is worth considering CISS (continuous ink supply). You do not need to buy cartridges every time the ink ends up, your printer will print 15 times longer before you need to refill

6. xpquickprint

xpquickprint Senior Member

Adding a CIS doesn't usually get rid of the waste tank - or do you pipe it to an external reservoir that you can empty easily?

7. plotter

plotter Senior Member

i have the same printer, and have never bought a waste tank, what i do.
    take it out, undo the 5 screws on top and wearing rubber gloves ring out the bits inside, screw back together and run a cloth over it so its cleanish.
    on the machine press and hold paper feed and online together whilst turning on the machine, it will go through its process and when you see canon w6200, let go of the buttons. this puts it into service mode. scroll down and across to inks, your looking for mt ink, when youve found it press enter and its reset, now all you do is power off machine and power back on to get out of service mode. hope this helps and saves you quite a few quid like it does me.:D