Recommended 11x17 or 12x18 paper

Discussion in 'Canon Color Laser Printers & Color Copiers' started by reggie0766, Sep 2, 2009.

1. reggie0766

reggie0766 New Member

Looking for recommedations on the type of paper best to print full color posters on 11x17 and 12x18. Looking for something that will give best color results

2. bestrepro

bestrepro Member

paper

Try Mondi or Tecco paper

3. Jeff

Jeff Senior Member

My favorite for my canons is mohawk color copy 98 32/80#.

4. agronomy

agronomy Member

Hammermill coloy copy cover/paper

and for Glossy Sterling Ultra digital

5. bestrepro

bestrepro Member

I like Hammermill too.

6. CanonNewbie

CanonNewbie New Member

I enjoy the Mohawk 50/10 Coated. Easy to get at an Xpedex and really makes color pop. I agree with Jeff, the 32/80# is probably your best bet.

7. MNJuice

MNJuice Member

We use Hammermill (24lbs - 32lbs) or Mohawk (Gloss, C1S or C2S). Always get the 12x18 size. Run 30 up business cards, 2 up letterhead w/ or w/o bleeds. Cut it down to whatever size you need. Always good to start big, IMO. That way you store less paper and have the option to use it on many jobs. Run the jobs to the upper left and make fewer cuts, too. In respect to running jobs in the upper left, watch the margins. You may get some images cutting off depending on how small the margins on the printer, is. But then you simply adjust the document to it, initially and you're all set. Good luck!

8. xpquickprint

xpquickprint Senior Member

I know what you're saying on keeping the largest size, but we get a better price on the 11x17 hammermill than on 12x18 and if you run the large for jobs where you only need 11x17 you're putting that much more wear on the fuser and slowing down many machines a bit too, so I stock both sizes.

9. splashdesignz

splashdesignz Member

I use Nekoosa Digital Gloss. Comes in several sizes, text weights and cover weights. And it is quite reasonably priced from www.nextdaypaper.com.
    Good Luck
    Angela