Recommendations for home office color laser printer

Discussion in 'Other Color Laser Printers & Color Copiers' started by golovemd, Oct 14, 2010.

1. golovemd

golovemd New Member

I recently purchased a Low priced HP color laser printer. The quality was good, although there were no Windows 7 drivers available. The big problem was that it was VERY slow. So I returned and and purchased a Lexmark C543dn. This printer is much faster and also does duplex printing which is a plus because I print trifold brochures. I purchased the replacement cartridges from staples. I printed in the area of 1000 prints with the cartridge that came with the printer. The replacement printed only about 400 prints before the black ran out. I was only printing a standard letter that took up about 3/4's of a standard 8x11 page. Staples will not do anything because the cartridge is empty. So I informed them the printer will be returned as I am SURE there was a problem with this cartridge. I am not going to risk this happening again. I will be printing over 1000 pages per month minimum and it will be way to costly if the toner runs out that quick. While I do like the overall performance of the printer, this issue along with the fact that I got a lot of paper jams has me looking elsewhere.

So, I am in the market again. I am looking to spend up to $500, color, would like duplex printing again, has to be networkable, and most importantly, the toner has to last and produce good quality prints. Any suggestions as to what may be my best options? Thank you in advance.

2. Pirated23

Pirated23 Member

You can get a Kyocera C5350DN color Laser with duplex from me for less that $700.00. The thing about this printer, is that it can handle the volume.

3. FUBARinSFO

FUBARinSFO Member

Golovemd:

You had a very good question, but no answer. How did you finally resolve it? I have the same problem.

-- Roy Zider