Re-ordering print jobs on the Nexpress Front End

Discussion in 'Kodak NexPress Digital Presses' started by dhuizar, Mar 22, 2012.

1. dhuizar

dhuizar New Member

We send our print jobs out to the press in batches through XMPie. The batches are sent directly to the hot folders on our Nexpress printers. XMPie names each batch with an underscore# (_1, _2, _3, _4)... the problem is the batches hit the printer as soon as they are processed and are thus out of order. Is there a way to 're-order' the batches on the Nexpress front end after they have ripped? They need to be in order so the records print in order.

2. dhuizar

dhuizar New Member

This forum is obviously useless

Hey... me again... weeks later... with no replies to my problem. Thanks for nothing. If anyone else is looking for an answer to this issue, I found out after about 3 weeks of hounding Kodak. There is a tab in the Nexpress Front End that says 'Print Order' - it was grayed out on our printer because we have our settings set to print continuously. When we changed our settings, we were able to get into the 'Print Order' tab to re-order batches. But, we have to change our settings back to print continously after re-ordering... otherwise the printer will print whatever batches rip first in that order. Dumb... but, true.

3. dmblair

dmblair Member

You should have posted in the Digital Press Forum on this website instead of the Offset section of this forum. I'm sure you would have gotten plenty of replies!

4. Color Printing Forum Admin

Color Printing Forum Admin Administrator

< thread moved from 1-2 color offset forum where it was originally posted to appropriate digital forum; sorry it was not spotted that the original post was in the wrong forum. Thanks for posting the follow up in any case. >