Rapida 105 universal

Discussion in 'KBA Printing Presses' started by CAprinter, Feb 26, 2011.

1. CAprinter

CAprinter New Member

Hello, New to the forums. Just wanted to get some feedback on the 07 105 universal. It was installed last November and I am finding it is a very hard press to control. We are not running conventional inks. We run sublimation dye in it. Does anyone have any tricks to get it settled down. It really seems like the damping system is what's causing the instability. I constantly have to reset waters, adjust skews and wash the metering rollers. I also adjust the curve selection. All my rollers settings are set correctly. One week it will run beautifully and then the next it's hard to hold on. Any suggestions would help. Thanks

2. Higgins428

Higgins428 New Member

105U Ink Ductor Setting

Hello,

One of my customers has a 2006 KBA Rapida 105U press and is attempting to change and adjust their ink ductors for the first time. The manual lists them as 70mm but the factory rollers as well as both Botcher and Rotadyne replacements are 78mm. There is only one adjustment setting on the roller and they are having a heck of a time adjusting the stripe of the this roller to the osc and fountain ball. Have any of you set or adjusted this roller on your KBA? Any advise is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your time.

Ryan Higgins

3. Higgins428

Higgins428 New Member

As far as your water issues what fountain solutions have you tried? I work with several brands and depending upon the sublimation dye and chemistry relationship they may not by working well together. I'm guessing being in California you aren't running alcohol so what Alcohol Subsitute are you using? I've found large differences in how these react with conventional and UV inks, so I'm sure sublimation dyes will react even more with these. How are you treating your Chrome rollers?

4. RICK J

RICK J Member

any advice? im having similar problem with doctor roller setting

5. Farshad

Farshad New Member

hi
    i need service manual of rapida 105.I appropriated that any one can help me.

6. destajo23

destajo23 New Member

registered problem

anyone can advice me regarding to my registered problem for my black unit because the image or registered of my first unit is bigger than the other unit..i need the advice to what can i do to solve this probrlem..My Machine name KBA Universal Rapida 105 4c..thanks

7. LarryGC

LarryGC Member

I'm not sure if they changed the settings or not from the 2004 but on that press you engage the ductor with fountain ball off and make sure the console setting is at 100% duct. Jog the press until the ductor engages and moves toward the transfer roller as soon as it touches check that stripe. If it's too big or not touching unlock the lock screws on either end of the roller near the journal, believe it's a 5 to unlock and then 6 to make the adjustment. When you get a good stripe to the transfer adjust the bolt screws and lock. Your stripe to the fountain roller should be good once your transfer roller stripe is good. If you go too far then you have to start all over.

8. LarryGC

LarryGC Member

Check your plate packing and blanket packing and make sure it's the same as the other units. All units should be packed the same. If it's a perma pack peal it off the corner and gage it out with a micrometer.

9. Osama

Osama Member

Hello
    My KBA Rapida 104 (1998) hard disk is corrupted and I dont have any backups.
    Can someone provide me with a system image / backup so that my machine is start functioning again.
    The press is 6 colors with coaters

10. bLuuR

bLuuR Member

Maybe try to contact directly to KBA. We did buy one bacup hdd for our machine and it was like 1300€, press is from 2015. Not expensive if your machine will run.

11. Osama

Osama Member

Hello

I have tried contacting them directly and through a country agent but they dont have it / or are not interested since our machine was purchased second hand. Will it be possible for you to talk with them since you have a much newer model and probably also their direct customer?

12. Tomas Ricardo Pires

Tomas Ricardo Pires New Member

Hello everyone
    I am in need of help, we bought a second hand KBA and the density reading system is not working, could someone here in the group help me showing what paths I can follow to solve?

13. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

What console do you have?