rapida 104-8 SW4(1997) grippers

Discussion in 'KBA Printing Presses' started by JOHNYPRINT, Jan 18, 2010.

1. JOHNYPRINT

JOHNYPRINT Member

Hi all
    We are getting a double between the 5th unit and the 6th on our press, we have set the grippers on the impression cylinders and we have set the grippers on the double transfer drum as per KBA instruction (reference gauge under the cam follower,set all grippers with a 0.03 shim). We are still getting flying gripper transfer, is there anything else we need to set, do we need to change the cam followers:confused: any help would be great.
    regards johnyprint

2. 9ckba

9ckba Member

Doubling issue

KBA was just at my job and was in their maintenance screen ( STRG,ALT,P at the same time on the keyboard). We dont have a doubling issue, but while he was in that screen he was showing me around and I was asking some questions. One screen he pulled up was if your units were doubling. Not sure how anything in the console can change anything but he did say that.

3. kbarz

kbarz Member

johny,, do not know how many imp are on your machine,,but take a look at the cams, make sure they are not mushroomed on the edges, cam followers may have took there toll on them.then check for gripper pad height on imp and transfer if not at right height or uneven then setting them does no good.. good luck..