Quickmaster Error codes

Discussion in '1-Color and 2-Color Offset Presses' started by Richard 777, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Richard 777

Richard 777 Member

We are having an intermittent problem with a quickmaster. The press will be running and it will go off impression and stop for no reason. There are no error codes and it will start up again. I entered service code s56 and watched the screen. When it glitched it seemed to display code 00 08. It was very fast so I'm not sure if that was the number. Does anyone know what this could be.

2. Swifty2

Swifty2 Senior Member

guessing a sensor is dirty or going south...no clue if it is the feed or delivery,,,try running with the double sheet detector OFF ..if press does not stop you may have your answer!!

3. Poolfool

Poolfool Member

Check the cylinder that actuates the impression cylinder. . Most likely small air leak right at the actuator.

4. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Dear Sir:
    Hope you are well.
    The most annoying of all troubles is the intermittent one.A unit that works perfectly most of the time. It will suddenly stop working and then start up again .
    This kind of intermittent are divided in 3 classes: 1) jar intermittent 2) thermal intermittent 3) electrical intermittent.
    However the basic cause is OPEN circuit.But they are easy to find it : Overheating resistors,traces of arcing
    By that reason you WILL not find any error coming in the display .
    Please do the following test on the Main drive control:
    and will give a TIP; the best Tool is your:"Common sense"
    Look for a) Loose wires, plugs, connector, dirty , corroded. arcing b) Boards: cold and dry solder
    1) Control transformer 15T1, 2) Power choke 15z1 3) power choke 15z3 4) Motor overlodad swich 15Q1 5) Grm24 6) Chopper resistor 15R1 7) Inteference suppression coil 15L2 8) Board BLT1 9) Board control electronics(IDS) 10) BR.
    Let me know any question or doubt .