Quickmaster 46 di

Discussion in 'DI Presses' started by Orange print, Feb 11, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Orange print

Orange print Senior Member

I have a problem with my quickmaster
    I thought that one of lazer diode is overconsumed because i made new cyan plate with 71% in preepress and when i put on the machine i saw that the line of diode was all over the plate and when i printed this job it apares in the paper length.I cheked the number of lazer diode at my computer and this diode have power 66 from the others that have power from 90 to120.
    If anyone can help me with tihs problem or if anybody have a manual about the laser parts and diode but in english because my machine have this manual for the lazer diode and parts of there but this manual is in german and i dont speak german.
    you can post here or u can send me e-mail: enriharxhi@hotmail.com
    thank you.

2. mrheidelberg

mrheidelberg Senior Member

The diode power numbers will vary from diode to diode, one may be at 120 and another at 75 for instance. The lower the number the less life the diode may have.

In the DI's computer there is a program to test and alter the lasers, you do not have to make up any screens.
    Go into S on computer screen and then select diode alteration, (top set of icons 3rd from right).
    Highlight the units on the left, select how many burns per plate (default is 4 but you also have a choice of 2 and 1) and then burn the plates, (icon top right).
    Print about 40 sheets per individual colour.
    To alter the diode powers, (icon right hand side second from top), and select the units individually to see one unit at a time so you can check the level of the individual diodes from 1 to 16 + to make the diode line darker - to make it lighter, confirm with green tick when alterations are complete then re-burn to check again. Do not leave the program until you have finished otherwise the machine will start to burn on a fresh set of plates.

Regards.

3. Orange print

orange print

thanks for your help but if i have a line for all over the sheet how can i do to give this laser diode more density(or more elektricity) because at speacial function i have 16enth laser diodes that have my machine and i am not sure were can i give this consumed laser diode more density because i have a doubt that the laser diode will change at those 16enth buttons after presing plus for more density or not and how plus can i give because i am a new printer and i have no idea how much plus can i give for this diode.is any body can help me with this problem and if anybody have a manual about changing the lazer diodes because i have this manual but in german languages not in english.please i will be greatful if any body have this manual in english

4. Orange print

orange print

thanks for your help but if i have a line for all over the sheet how can i do to give this laser diode more density(or more elektricity) because at speacial function i have 16enth laser diodes that have my machine and i am not sure were can i give this consumed laser diode more density because i have a doubt that the laser diode will change at those 16enth buttons after presing plus for more density or not and how plus can i give because i am a new printer and i have no idea how much plus can i give for this diode.is any body can help me with this problem and if anybody have a manual about changing the lazer diodes because i have this manual but in german languages not in english.please i will be greatful if any body have this manual in english

5. mrheidelberg

If you do the diode test each of the lasers will be numbered from 1 to 16, 1 being on the left and 16 on the right. When you look at the sheet you have to make a judgement on a certain level of density (that comes down to experiance) and match all the other lasers to that.
    As an example +4 gives a small level of difference +10 gives a large level of difference.
    At the end of the day if you keep going up on the laser power eventually it will come to a stop and you can go no more, that is when you would change the diode or reduce the power on the others to match.

Have a go and see what happens........you can't damage anything.

Regards.

6. Orange print

i am greatful for yours message but numbers of diodes start being from feeder or not when we count because yestreday when i opened the cover of my preesteak(black cover) i find some numbers that starts with those inicials j1,j2,j3,j4 ect and i am in doubt that those numbers are for each laser diode.
    sorry for my disturb but i have a school for 5 years but not for digital machines and if any body can help me with a manual book for my laser diodes machine but in english because this manual book i have in german

with respekt enri harxhi from orange print

7. mrheidelberg

Just ignore any numbers that might be on the diodes, the only numbers for you to worry about is the numbers which corrispond to the diodes when you do the test print.
    Heidelberg will have a copy of the manual in English, just contact your local agent.

8. Orange print

orange print

mr heidelberg thanks for your help because from your help i have solve this laser diode problem but i have a doubt at another problem because today i was printing with a paper 350gr and this paper let me some crotches after printing with 4 colour and i dont know from wich part of machine comes but i have a doubt that this crotches come from the paper weight because this paper is in max height of this machine i thought.i will be greatfull if u tell me something from this problem

9. mrheidelberg

It could be the paper grain direction, up to 170g is should be long grain, over this it should be short grain so a 350g stock, 450 x 320 cannot be cut out of a SRA2 650 x 450 stock.

10. Orange print

First thanks for your help mr heidelberg and i am so sorry for my disturb but i have and another problem that found today.when i was doing the plates after finished the keyboard of my computer machine show me a sign that was LUBE and on my mind was lubrification so the machine dont havee enought grass for me.i put the grass at the pomp grass machine and again this sign after i put again and this sign was again so i put at the pomp second time grass but not funcioned.i think maybe the pomp is blocked but i am so confused because the sign of LUBE is still here.i switch off the machine and switch on again but dont work.have anybody of u an idea how can i do with this sign because when i see the special function errorr is number 56 but i cant delete this
    i will be greatful if any body can help me

11. mrheidelberg

It sounds like the grease isn't making the switch.
    Have you done an SF47 and a delete on the keypad.

12. Orange print

Hi UK.
    Thanks. Done. Everything was OK as you say.
    An other problem is occured :
    In printing JOBS with back ground in block of colours above 70 % we get marks or spots or dots in printing. Mainly in Magenta colour as well as in Black.
    We have clean the machine (, rollers, Plates ,blanket ) but still problem is not solved.\
    please,what do you suggest

13. mediabc

mediabc Member

I bought QM Plus machine. I tried to prepare a plate, black, blue, magenta plates are good, but the on yellow plate makes it half only. What may be the problem?
    Please help me.

14. mrheidelberg

It could either be the vacuum units are not sucking the excess silicone off correctly or the plate washers are not cleaning all the excess silicone off the plate, and this silicone then ends up in the rollers and back onto the plate during printing.

15. mrheidelberg

It sounds like the wind on mechanism isn't operating correctly, which could be a faulty clutch / motor drive or maybe a driver board for that unit.

Can you wind the plate on manually?

Regards.

16. mediabc

mediabc Member

I say thank you for the answer. The plate was incomplete lengthwise. I found the mistake. Assembling one of the sockets cracked (choc) the controller under a unit. One of the coppers coasted along bending needle foot. Bent and works well now.
    mediabc

17. QMDavor

QMDavor QM DI press operator

LUBE problem

I see that you are young in that press. When you phisicaly lube the press, it is lubed but machine don't know that (electronic) untill you tell them. Use SPECIAL FUNCTION 47 (type "S", "47"). Then press 2 times sign "delete" and go out of special function. LUBE will disapear. But will be again here after 100.000 rotations of machine (depends of machine setup, can be less or more). I have manuals in english (pdf) and if you are interested send me a message.