quick master 46 di

Discussion in 'DI Presses' started by Orange print, Jun 11, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Orange print

Orange print Senior Member

hi mrs heidelberg how are u ?
    i wash the machine and the inking roller too but when i put into the duck the new one yellow ink that is irodry(sun chemical), and the other are (nova less) when i was printing i find some tinting background at the paper but only in yellow ink.i do the service so i mean: clean the rollers,check the temperatureat the cooling system and i made this 21 thats the lower temperature,i do the position 0 of the machine and the inking units too but its the same,the yellow tinting background cant disapear.how can i do with this kind of ink(sun chemical) because in the magazine we have only like this kind of ink.have u any idea how can i do with those inks?

Best regards Enri Harxhi

2. mrheidelberg

mrheidelberg Senior Member

I think maybe the yellow ink is the issue.
    Have you put the paste in the yellow ink.

Regards.

3. Orange print

with paste he have worked with this kind of ink but now finished the paste and this ink can print without paste because are dry i think. when we call the ink supplier tell us that this kind of ink is for that machine (quick master 46 di) and also this is a dry ink.this kind of ink called iro dy SUN CHEMICAL and when we talk the supplier to ask for this ink he tell us that this ink is for this type of this machine because it is dry but dont let us any paste for ink.who can give me an answer that he have worked normally with this type of ink( iro dry sun chemical ) ?

4. QMDavor

QMDavor QM DI press operator

SunChemicals IRODRY

Did you check inking form rollers to the plate? Other rollers? Maybe there is too much pressure. What is about ink density? Maybe is problem in overinking. What is with printing pressure, it is too high? There is many parameters which can produce problem like yours. I am using SunChemicals IRODRY for many years and never had problems with this ink. I try many other brands (Vanson, HubberGrupe, AkzoNobel, BASF) and stay on SunChemicals.

Davor
    :)

5. Orange print

thnx davor but how can i do with those roller? maybe i have to registrate the roller with more or less pressure to are correct with this kind of ink or haqve any comand ?

6. QMDavor

QM DI Yellow tinting problems

Hi Orange,

If you want to check rollers it is best for you that carefuly read QM operating manual where is detailed description of how to adjust every (adjustable) roller. Procedure is very easy and i recommend that you learn adjusting rollers procedure because it is very important if you want to see good print results. Maybe will be best for you to find someone near you who have QM experience who will demonstrate this procedure. I also think that every good press operator (who never see QM) can adjust rollers without any problems (certainly if rollers are good, and if have adjusting scheme).

Even if you have good rollers you can have problems with tinting, in case of overinking for example. With Sun IRODRY on gloss coated paper i print yellow with density 1,30 - 1,35.

Blanket must be dry when you start printing. If you clean blanket and imm. after this start print (blanket is still wet) - you can expect toning (but usualy after 10-30 sheets will disapear).

Check blanket cilinder packing. Blanket is probably 1,95 mm and calibrated undercut (carton) must be 0,4 mm.

Check printing pressure. Use micrometer to measure stock.

Also try to print without plate cleaning device (pull it out after cleaning). It is happend to me that pneumatic cilinder which tension cleaning cloth in yellow (4th unit) not work properly and without proper tension (after cleaning) cloth can touch printing plate during print. This can cause tinting. If case that without cleaning device printed sheets are good then you must check that cleaning device. In my case also was visibile on cloth much ink.

Hope that any of this will help.

Davor

7. Orange print

tinting again at yellow

hi mrs heidelberg . how are u?
    i check the blanket cilinder packing also the undercut (carton) and those were correct like u say at last message. i also check the printing pressure and do it more pressure or less presure but its the same(tinting are again in the paper).i take out all the rollers at the yellow and make a registration of all of them then i do the plates,and take out also the plates cleaning device and after image i clean the plate with alcohol and a clean cotton cloth.then when i do all of this i start printing normally but after 1000 papers the bacground tinting appeared again.those kind of problems that u say take me 5 hours but again dont work so this make me very bored.

best regards

ENRI HARXHI

8. QMDavor

yellow tinting

Hello Enri,

:confused: maybe you are missing that i am not Mrheidelberg.

I am someone like you, not trainer or serviceman, only QM DI press operator:( who was just describe what will do in case that tinting happend, all in hope that this article will be helpful to you. Sorry if you spend 5 hours for checking rollers and blanket but this is what i do when problems like yours occur in my press.

I will also suggest to check next :)Dif you want to spent another xx hours):

1. lateral play of rollers. The first and second inking form roller as well as the fourth transfer roller must run in the bearings without lateral play (left-right).

2. Try to print on different kind of stock to see what will happend. Maybe is problem in paper. On what kind of paper do you print? Format? gr/m2?

3. If you have possibility - try to use different plate material. Which plate do you currenty use? Presstek, VIM?

4. Can you scan sheet of paper where is visible what exactly happend and put that picture on forum that me and other can see what it's look like?

5. Did you try in 4th unit put some other ink (for example cyan) to see what will happend, with same plate, stock and pressure?

Take a deep breath and relax. Don't loose your nervs.
    This is QM - waterless - life.

Davor

9. Orange print

i know davor that u are not my mrs heidelberg but i never tell names in this forum.thnx for your help mrs davor i will be very greatful.today i will do again the roller at the yellow because yesterday its my first time that i do this in this machiune because i do a school for 5 years at this job(printer) but for oldest machine like heidelberg,ryobi and roland.yesterday i print for raifaissen bank a job and i print with 4 colours,paper 170 gr m matt.first i use heidelberg plates but finished and now i have in the machine clarus plates but those have a lot of silicone.today i will try again the registration of the rollers and see whats happen and also i will try another colour at thye yellow section like u say blue colours.
    very thnx for your help davor

10. Orange print

atachment of the print paper

this is the print paper and the tinting background. i have sent the picture with a atach davor:D

Attached Files:

11. Orange print

problem of tinting not solved in DI 46+

Davor
    Hi again
    I just finished the following test :

1. I have check and register again all the rollers as per your instruction . I managed to keep the requested tolerances.

2. I change the Yellow section to the Black one.
    I have print only with yellow plate and I made 1000 runs and no tinting.
    Than I continued to print with 2 plates yellow and black. The black was not spred well in the JOB.
    I thought that I have to follow the basic principle to have KCMY positioning of colors in machine.
    So I went back the yellow color to the yellow section. I started to print and everything was OK but at 1200 runs the tinting appear again.

3. We have check the lateral play of rollers. We found that first and second inking for roller were moving on their bearing but there was a small movement on lefte and right. This movement was no more than 1 mm. I just re explain that registration of rollers was done properly and checked with spessor.( I checked the parallel lines when touching the 3 inking form roller as you told me and lines were OK)

4. Your point 2. I am printing on paper 170 Gr. format 44 x 30.5 and JOB 42 x 24,opaque coated paper. I have used this type of paper before and no problem.
    I have print more than 150.000 run with 170 gr opaque coated paper using conventional ink mixed with 3% dry Gel ( printon) and problem of tinting disappeared. Later on we ordered IRODRY of Sunchemical and REFLECTA DRY of Huber Group and the problem started. I do not have any Gel in the stock.

5. No possibility to try other type of plates. I have in stock only KODAK, Clarus plate.
    You already have the scanned sheet of paper.

6.I have in stock ink from Huber Group REFLECTA DRY and I have tried this ink too, but the same result concerning tinting.

I lost my face to my owner of the print House , I am not tired ( as far as just 20 Years old) and I will appreciate any other recommendation in order to succeed.
    Regards and Good Night
    ( I am going home now midnight)
    Enri