Question Quickmaster DI 46 Classic

Discussion in 'DI Presses' started by Bud Manzler, Dec 3, 2009.

1. Bud Manzler

Bud Manzler New Member

I'm a new operator of Quickmaster DI 46 Classic. 1997 model. Have "LUBE" on display. Book says Lube the central Lubrication with 2 strokes. Where is the central lube unit so I can do this?

2. Paul Cavanaugh

Paul Cavanaugh Senior Member

On the catwalk side behind the door you open to remove the blanket washers for units 3 and 4 there is a central lube distribution block in the top right. It has a lube fitting to pump the grease into. Use Optimol PD20 as recommended as this is designed to adhere to helical cut drive gears. (Other greases do not.) Once you have done this clear the "Lube" reminder on your console.

3. Bud Manzler

Bud Manzler New Member

Thank You Paul. Your my friend forever. I have a deadline to meet for this job I'm running and your help will make this happen. The worst things happen at the worst times, like four in the morning here in CA. I owe you lunch but I don't know where you are. Thanks again, Bud Manzler, Media Innovations, San Jose,Ca 408-298-3210. If you're ever in SJ look me up

4. Paul Cavanaugh

Not a problem Bud, anytime...

5. jan

jan Senior Member

Hi Paul,
    nice to hear you here again.
    Thank you for your help in the past.
    QM DI is not a simply machine and you can't stop loving it even after so many years.
    My best regards
    Jan

6. Paul Cavanaugh

It has been awhile Jan. I am a little rusty on the QMDI after all these years but a few of the things I remember. Good to see you still out there still helping out on the DI.