Question about working with the toner, for my Lexmark

Discussion in 'Other Color Laser Printers & Color Copiers' started by Whitestar, Feb 9, 2022.

1. Whitestar

Whitestar New Member

I currently have a Lexmark CS510de printer. I use it and it works for me, but I don't know where to ask about technical operation, so I turn to this wonderful forum. The printer is model CS510de. When I use it, I often have to quickly refill toner powder and keep working until I get a new cartridge, which takes time. Is there a technical risk of damaging the printer while still operating the printer despite the message on the display that the color toner has run out? Is it also possible to work longer, does anyone know the specific model? I will be happy to find an answer to the question from an experienced colleague!

2. Alonex

Alonex Senior Member

Dear Whitestar,

I am not experienced in this subject, just would like to welcome you to the forum.
    I would assume the "toner has run out" message is based on a printing count which is stored in an EEPROM device of cartridge, and the message cannot perform any damage itself. However an unoriginal toner may damage a printer as authorized technicians say.

Regards,
    Oleg T.
    Alonex ICEE Labs