Question about Ricoh @Remote on C900Pro

Discussion in 'Ricoh Color Laser Printers & Color Copiers' started by espasprinter, Feb 21, 2013.

Tags:
  1. espasprinter

espasprinter Member

Hi guys!

I've got a questio about the Ricoh @Remote on a Ricoh C900Pro.
    A business that has entered in bankrupty, has offered me that machine with a low cost because they need to sell it.

So my question, am I allowed to have that machine without the Ricoh Remote control? the online program that controls you the number of copies. Can I disable it if the machine already has it?

I don't know how it is in other countries, but in Spain, you have to pay to Ricoh for each copy that you do. Im not very interested in that because I think that we can do the maintanance from ourselves, so we could save that money.

Is that possible? is it a crazy thing to have that machine without technical service?. We are used to do the maintenance in other smaller machines (the typical things: developers, drums, clean the dust and toner...) but it seems that the Pro901 needs expert technicians for the maintenance.

Thanks in advance for your advices. :D

2. xfactor printing

xfactor printing Senior Member

In the United States, the cost to buy the consumables and durables would cost you more than having the full service+supplies click contract if you are printing any volume and/or anything but very light text prints.

3. hvdh

hvdh Member

I think Xfactor is right about click prices, but when you pull the 2nd network cable of the GW (machine controller) you disable @remote function.
    here it is mostly used to deliver the toner cartridges yust in time and has nothing to do with accounting issues

4. espasprinter

espasprinter Member

Thanks for your reply hvdh