QMDI, Quicksetter and MetaDimensions questions

Discussion in 'DI Presses' started by FGS, Oct 22, 2014.

1. FGS

FGS New Member

We currently have a QMDI 46-4 and QM 46-2. We're running MetaDimensions 4.1 to the Heidelberg Quicksetter from one terminal and MD 5.2 to the DI from another terminal. Both computers are running Windows 2000 so as you can guess, they're very slow and are not connected to any sort of network (afraid of what new viruses would do to such old PCs).

My boss put me up to the task of finding a faster solution (than running around with a thumb drive all the time). So I need to find out a few things and haven't discovered the answers to my questions yet.

1. Can I consolidate to one terminal? So run both the QuickSetter and DI off of one PC with one version of MetaDimensions on it?

2. Is either version of the program supported on newer platforms? Could I buy a new PC with Windows Vista, 7 or 8?

3. If neither of those options are possible, are there any other options? (other than spending $20k to upgrade through Heidelberg)

Thank you

2. Risu

Risu Senior Member

I have QMDI classic and it´s connect via XP. DI classic won´t work with newer windows (netbeui needed).
    I use studiorip, but looks that it won´t support quicksetter, not sure thought. It´s costly also, but under 3000,-
    So many cheaper second hand rips available in nowadays...