QMDI Not Seeing RIP Anymore

Discussion in 'DI Presses' started by impressed, Jun 10, 2013.

1. impressed

impressed Member

My Heidelberg QMDI Plus and Dell RIP station had been communicating just fine. Now, while starting up the DI it flashes the message:

The computer name specified in the network path cannot be found.

I hadn't changed the computer name or file paths, as far as I'm aware of. I've messed around with the sharing names etc, and everything looks fine to me, but I'm far from a networking guru.

Now, for some background of what has happened, as I suspect this MIGHT be a hardware issue on my Dell.

1. Lately, sometimes when firing up the Dell, it won't power the monitor on, even though the computer acts like it's starting up normally. It's the same story with different monitors.

2. Last week, on startup the computer said "a duplicate name exists on the network". Not true, none of our other computers are called QM_RIP1. With some messing around this error doesn't appear every time, although it still sometimes shows up again.

3. Google Chrome gave the message: Unable to find locale data files. Please reinstall. I'm not sure if this is just a coincidence of if there's some flaky hardware.

Any recommendations on what I should try? Did some setting in the backend get changed? I've searched the forums and found some good info but nothing has worked so far.

Thanks a lot.
    Korey

2. impressed

impressed Member

Turns out, I'm a *****! Had some computer problems previously and unplugged a bunch of network cables. When I plugged them back in the wall they were in the wrong spot. Doh.