Qmdi classic delivery pile problem

Discussion in 'DI Presses' started by maverick1971, Feb 25, 2017.

1. maverick1971

maverick1971 Senior Member

Hi Everyone,
    I am experiencing an unusual problem in the delivery of my QMDI Classic since yesterday. We were experiencing some problem with the feeder all day where the paper was not feeding consistently and the press was stopping several times during runs even with the feeder settings remaining the way we normally run. We managed to get through 3 runs of 7000 sheets each but took almost 50% more time due to the frequent stops. Something unusual appeared in the pattern of the delivery piles whilst we were experiencing these feeder problems (which we have still not resolved). Please see attached photos - I think that the problem we are having with the feeder is related to the way in which the sheets are landing in the delivery. However, I cannot figure out what the problem is or what is causing this strange pattern in the delivery. Any thoughts/ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards

Shawn

Attached Files:

2. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Hi sir,
    hope are well
    I recommend you
    test:Module Rectifier Bridge GRM24
    1) the input voltage Transformer AC FOR +37Vac for +48Vdc for drive Board TTK in BLT 2) 20Vac for
    output for +28Vdc, feed the Feeder and delivery Piles for modules SLM(1+2). See you Schematic and Wiring D.
    This cause many Malfunctions in both system.
    3) Test the sensors in Feeder: 11B2 +S20+21+22 , Adjust, clean it with special electronic products for computer in any electronic store, plug hard very well,look for breaking wires.
    Back to me any question or doubt

3. Smell This Smell

Smell This Smell Member

Hey maverick1971, I used to run a QMDI 46 from 2004 to 2008. I have a question for you. When was the last time the main drive belt on your press had been changed. It's on the cat walk side of the press, the walk has to be removed to have the belt changed. It is a toothed belt, i believe. If you have a tooth in the belt that has worn flat, or a few in a section- your delivery might be skipping a beat, causing the repetitiveness of the stacking issues, and maybe also the feeder issues. We had the belt changed out on ours because of cracking/ stretching. Stretching could cause a timing problem too. You should be able to see the belt by looking down through the cat walk hole- usually only ever opened to clean filters and change out the greasing tube. I do think the belt is exposed below the cat walk, being that the cat walk is the belt cover- I could be wrong there- it's been 9 years since I moved on to another press.
    Also, when the belt is changed- there is a certain HERTZ that the belt is supposed to vibrate at when it is at the right tension. There is a block C shaped electronic tool the Heidelberg tech uses- It reads the vibrational hertz of the belt (between the upper and lower area of the C) when it is "Twanged" to set the factory tautness of the belt. Hope that helps.

4. Smell This Smell

Smell This Smell Member

Another issue with fighting with the feeder not working right- a problem I ran across- the sealed ball bearing that rides on the cams for the feeder, low left cat walk side of unit #1, ate away at the balls in the bearing so it was loose and slutty in its movement in relation to the cams. I don't remember if there are 2 cams, or 3, but i do remember I had to at least remove one cam from the shaft because it was an inner ball bearing that went bad on me.