QMDI 46-4 Plus problem with 12V - 36V

Discussion in 'DI Presses' started by tmpord, Feb 22, 2022.

1. tmpord

tmpord Member

Hello. My qmdi 46-4 plus press has some problems. While it was running normaly, suddenly stoped working and the lights on the control panel turned off and the fans started working without stop. It was need to turned off the machine and restarted it again so it will work and also again after some time it makes the same. That was a problem for some weeks and one day the engine air compressor stopped working. I found that a cable in the main switch of the machine was defective and dammaged all the main switch so i changed the main switch and put an ABB switch. After that the engine started and the air compressor worked normally ... Now the problem is that it dont allow me to burn plates and it shows me as fault that 12V and 36 V dont work and i read in the service manual of the machine that maybe is the power supply.
    Because there is no electronic person who can help me with these problems and because I am not electronic by myself please if someone can tell me step by step (even with images) what i must to do so the machine will running again normaly.
    I am attaching some pictures.
    Thank you in advanced.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      914 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      293.3 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      434.1 KB
      Views:
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      334.2 KB
      Views:
    • 5.jpg
      5.jpg
      File size:
      462.8 KB
      Views:
  2. Alonex

Alonex Senior Member

Dear Tmpord,

It would be better to order an electrician, at least.
    Let him check input voltages of the PSU are ok, it looks as 3-phase according the power switch view.
    Let him check ALL the -12VDC and +12VDC terminals, with relation to the ground terminals.
    Find, where is the 36VDC output is located (not seen on the pictures) and check it too.

Regards,
    Oleg T.

3. tmpord

tmpord Member

Hi Oleg and thank you very much for your quick respond.
    I have already ordered an electrician from another city and he will come probably in Thursday.
    i hope that he will find the problem and he will give me a solution...
    But any help or advice from here, it will help me veyr much.
    Thanks again

4. augustov

augustov Senior Member

Ok, some problem is from the LDM...is mostly common in the QMDi classic that the bus data is attached to some pipe water, with the time this make false contact and broke wire by the oscillating movement... Also the power fail: but i did replace this by a switching power many 40Amp -12V DC,.. with the time some components is gone fail in tfe original power... So from electronics shop you can find.... The laser LDM (black box) is connected by plug with Ground and -12v DC... Is more effective put four power switching power independent by LDM, why? Because each LDM ask for 8Amp to 9Amp.. some power had a not real power.. so you can use a power of 15Amp by unit. If the LDM is damage, inside have tree small green fuse... This can be replaced, i your case this is the solution... Also the fuse can fail when this get high temperature... I had WhatsApp +57 311 4960404.

5. DI Dude

DI Dude New Member

6. DI Dude

DI Dude New Member

Hi, check the SVK x6 and x7 plug then the x7 at ZTK. Turn power off, reset each plug. Check x7 on SVK pins 9&10 for hot spots. If the problem returns the female plugs may have to be replaced.

7. augustov

augustov Senior Member

Typical error in the yellow connectors of the QMDI46... over time the heat makes false contact... check... it is one that is near the door... what you can do is disconnect it and plug it back in but until you feel a little pressure... maybe not so connected a little inside... (with the press off) and turn ON again...