Qm46 2 Printmaster help. Ink transfer how do I turn 1 off and keep one on ?

Discussion in 'Heidelberg Printing Presses' started by Neil_LCFC, Sep 20, 2012.

1. Neil_LCFC

Neil_LCFC New Member

Hi I hope someone can please help me.
    My company has been taken over and I have had to move to a new printshop.
    In this shop they have a QM46 2 which no one knows how to operate as the minder has been off ill since march. I have been operating 1 and 2 colour Gto's for years but they want me to run the Qm46 2 so had a demonstrator in yesterday for one day only to teach me how it works.

I have managed to get to grips with it and ran 4 jobs on it alone today, the day after being shown it.
    What I can't work out is when printing on both units how you stop the ink vibrator roller on either unit 1 or 2 transferring ink. I can run with both transferring or turn both off, I can't work out how to turn them off independently whilst printing, if say unit 1 is getting heavy and I just want to stop ink transfer whilst leaving unit 2 transferring as normal. I asked the demonstrator and he couldn't remember and said read the operating manual as he was leaving. I have looked through it today and can't find it anywhere.
    I can turn 1 on or off whilst the machine is just running by selecting the head I want but that doesn't seem to work whilst printing.

Any help would be much appreciated as I had to keep stopping and sheeting ink off today as I couldn't work out how to turn 1 off and keep the other on.

Thanks
    Neil

2. STW100

STW100 Senior Member

You are unable to turn of the ductor if the unit is in production mode. your option is to just turn off the sweep of the ink fountain roller. If need any further help please call.
    Stan Intermountain Press Service 720-285-9485 ipsqm46.com
    PS I have numerous new and used parts avail for your press.

3. Neil_LCFC

Neil_LCFC New Member

Thanks for the reply I have been tearing my hair out trying to figure it out. Seems weird that you can't just turn 1 off when in production mode but if that's how it is I will have to get used to it.

4. mrheidelberg

mrheidelberg Senior Member

Have you tried double clicking the ink vibrator button after selecting the unit whilst in production ??

5. Paul Cavanaugh

Paul Cavanaugh Senior Member

mrheidelberg hit the nail on the head.

6. mrheidelberg

mrheidelberg Senior Member

Thanks Paul , some people who reply on here just don't understand the machines at all !!

7. Neil_LCFC

Neil_LCFC New Member

I haven't no. I think I tried single clicking whilst in production after selecting a unit but not double clicking as the machine was running.
    I will have a go next 2 colour job I run on the machine .

I thought there must be a way , thanks ever so much
    Neil