QM 46 plate eject problem

Discussion in '1-Color and 2-Color Offset Presses' started by Vikemike, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Vikemike

Vikemike New Member

When I try to eject the plate on my Heidelberg QM 46 it only ejects about 10% of the time. Most of the time I have to remove the plate manually. It acts as though the clamp isn't opening up enough to release the tail of the plate. If anyone could help me I would really appreciate it. I am new to this forum.

2. Swifty2

Swifty2 Senior Member

my guess, if everything is clean and the plate is not sticking to the cylinder .. most likely the 6 fingers (thin metal rods ) are bent ,

3. Vikemike

Vikemike New Member

Thanks Swifty. Is there a way to force the clamp to open as it does in the auto mode so you can watch and see the clamp opening. I assume it's activated via a solenoid? I'd like to be able to open the top guard and fire the solenoid and watch the clamps open. Maybe this isn't possible.

4. Swifty2

Swifty2 Senior Member

Think I miss understood you and thought plates were jaming. so , the Tail does not release and
    The press just spins then the malfunction lamp turns on.
    I believe the head is pneumatic and tail is mechanical,check that the auto eject rollers are installed correctly and are not worn and spin (under the top guard of unit1,)clean off any ink on the wheels ,think there is a cam involved as well.. Sorry I don't have my manuals as I am at home,will look at my books and press monday