QM 46-2 Registration issues

Discussion in 'Heidelberg Printing Presses' started by VZD180i, May 8, 2009.

1. VZD180i

VZD180i Member

I know this sounds stupid.

I cant seem to get the machine to register single colour work(book work ncr).
    I tried doing what the book says but there is always a variance. Should the side guides touch the paper or should it be 1-2 mm away from the guides. And the blower and suction is not nearly to the setting that the books wants it to be.

I am a newbie on this machine. Please anayone help me :confused:

Thank you :)

2. mrheidelberg

mrheidelberg Senior Member

The side guide with the spring plates on should just be touching the stock, pushing the paper onto the non spring side which in effect becomes your side lay guide. The rear srings should again be just touching the sheet.

You may find also by trimming the stock will help, but because the QM/PM 46 has no side lay as such, perfect sheet to sheet registration (like a machine which has dedicated side and front lays) can be difficult to achieve.

Regards.

3. brian32

brian32 Member

Usually I would make sure the paper is trimmed all round, to give it a nice clean finish with all sheets the same lenghts both ways.

Also would have the back feathers just touching an no more. And would have the side lay bar thing that you wind in, about 2mm to 5mm from the left hand side of the paper (Operator side)

What weight of NCR are you running, could it be just to flimsy and need a heavier weight. How far out is your registration. Could it be a mechanical problem and not something that your doing wrong technicaly.

4. VZD180i

VZD180i Member

We are running on 60g ncr. The register is out by about 1-2mm at most. Wil the blast air have a influence on this? Thanks

5. VZD180i

VZD180i Member

Dont think it is machanical I think its me not doing everything write. I am still new to this machine.

6. mrheidelberg

mrheidelberg Senior Member

Also make shure the bar with the small rubber rings on is pushing the paper in the correct direction towards the non spring plate side.

7. Poolfool

Poolfool Member

Registration Problem

I run a QM everyday. Near perfect registration most papers. To check registration I always put on a side lay mark (when possible sometimes a tiny scratch) and check every job so you get used to what different papers do. I set side lay spring to slight tension while running, assuring the pull rod is pushing away from springs, with medium contact pressure. Be sure the small rubber washers on the the pull rod are positioned correctly. I also set entry point of the pull road to early. I also set the lateral spring on tall of sheet to light pressure and set Sheet separators all way out. Check special function 68 while running to adjust Sheet arrival. You can adjust with the "Sheet Arrival Knob" Some papers run well with (SP 68) position indicator in the middle other better with it forward, but defiantly not jumping around.