QM 46-2 plate clamp and IR dryer

Discussion in 'Heidelberg Printing Presses' started by banjoman, Mar 11, 2011.

1. banjoman

banjoman Member

Found out something new yesterday, I tested some thicker plates, they are .008" thick. The plate pulled out but I tried a scew adj. and manualy opened the clamp and got the plate all the way in the fingers. Well I rolled it around and it had a real good amount of plate in the fingers but I pushed the clamp lightly, and the clamp slid back to where it only had the tips of the fingers holding. So either the fingers are bad or there just isn't enough pressure, the plate clamp just isn't holding on. Feels like the spring has good pressure so maybe I need to change all the fingers, we did change one and the finger is real smooth compared to the new fingers which has a rougher surface. Also, anyone know how to get in touch with Airtech, all the phone numbers I see online are wrong, my IR lamps won't come on.

Banjoman

2. mqgpress

mqgpress Senior Member

banjo - Last I heard, Airtech went the way of so many printing businesses lately, closed doors. As to why the dryer is not coming on, check the impression signal to the dryer.

3. banjoman

banjoman Member

I have a red led and an orange led lit, so that tells me power supply is good and sheet detection from photo sensor, I don't know where to go from here, is there a way to make the lamps light to test them? I know the yellow led on the photo sensor won't come on when I turn the adjustment screw, I tried several time to adjust it and cleaned the sensor. Anyonone know what the d and p button do on the control box? Is there a factory setting?

Thanks, Banjoman

4. banjoman

banjoman Member

I believe there is a problem with the sensor, I'm going to bypass it to see if the lamps will light. Now the plate clamp, I ran a job and it didn't slip at all so I'm on the right track. When you adjust the pressure of the tail clamp fingers it is bending the finger so to much adjustment will be worse.

banjoman

5. STW100

STW100 Senior Member

With the drier switch on, use SF04 when you push the + button the bulbs should turn on for a couple of seconds. On the RH side of the photo sensor is a screw, run the sheet back stop all the back so it is under the sensor. Turn the screw CW to get the yellow light on, then slowly turn the screw CCW until the light goes off. Sometimes go back and forth a couple of times for this. It is very fine adj and if you can get the light to flicker just before it goes out that is great. Now just move you finger or somthing under the sencor to see if the light goes on. If so you shoule be fine. If you need more help just call me Roger.
    Stan Intermountain Press Service, llc. 720-285-9485 Don't forget I have numerous used parts for the QM46

6. Poolfool

Poolfool Member

IR dyer problems

Following