QM 46-2 Feeding problems

Discussion in 'Heidelberg Printing Presses' started by Shane.S., Nov 13, 2013.

?

How many problems come with a QM?

Poll closed Nov 16, 2013.
  1. Very Few

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Fair

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Many

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Tons

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Shane.S.

Shane.S. New Member

Hi, I am having troubles feeding on my QM. I have replaced a alot of part in hopes that it would do something different to get me further, but unfortunately not. I cleaned the double sheet sensor, replaced the infeed wheels, took apart the 3/2 valve for the double sheet, and still nothing has changed the problem. I can idle the press but as soon as i turn the blow air and suction on it tries to feed one and immediately jams no matter if it double sheets or not. It won't make it to the delivery side and i also cannot set the double sheet without it saying its jamming. Please please please help me with this, I have spent way too much time on this to just let it sit there any longer.

THANKS!

2. jaed

jaed Member

Not sure if it will help but you can try turning SF 19 off(sheet leangth monitoring system) and also the selector switch on the right side of the feeder that has thick and thin paper turn it to the center to turn that off.

if that doesnt work let me know.

3. jaed

jaed Member

also is this only happening in production mode when you hit the feed button or does it do the same thing when you do the test feed or single sheet set up?

4. Shane.S.

Shane.S. New Member

It does the same thing when i try to test feed it as well.

5. odiorchukwuka

odiorchukwuka Member

does the machine have sheet calibration facility? if it does, then use it to calibrate the sheet.

6. STW100

STW100 Senior Member

what feeder error are you getting?- .[ ] . early sheet'/ -. [ ]. late sheet/ -.[] . short sheet/ or .[ ]. long sheet
    zero out sheet arrival knob by turning in all the way CW, then back out 7 complete turns! At this point see what time your forward wheels lift of the shaft, it should be approx 9.2 - 9.7 degrees! i could continue but really need to know what the jam error is.
    Stan, Intermountain Press Service 720-285-9485 ipsqm46.com