Processing variable issue

Discussion in 'Xerox iGen3, iGen4, & iGen5 Digital Presses' started by Thom, Feb 22, 2014.

1. Thom

Thom Member

Hey Guys,
    Im having a bit of trouble getting variable data files to process correctly. I have a run of about 10000 records that I need to produce. All of my files are broken up into 500 sheet files, so I have 20 of them.

In the beginning, I would release maybe 5 at a time. But today when I release 2 it will get 3/4 of the way through the second one and just stop processing. After that it wont even start another one if I release it. And if I release a static job, it will tell me that there is not enough memory to complete the job.

Does anyone know how to free up some memory on the DFE? Its a Doc USP. I have cleaned out the Cache and deleated all of my processed variable files from the system Prefs. Also cleaned out my completed and hold Queues.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks
    Thom

2. MarkD

MarkD Senior Member

Ask your engineer to install the DocuSP tools. This will enable you to clean out all the crap that collects over time. Also get him to clear out any crash logs from /root. iGen3 should have approx 70% free and iGen4 should have approx 35% free

--
    Mark

3. Thom

Thom Member

Thanks Mark, I will ask em.

4. peels

peels tree killer :)

When I get this (freeflow) I reboot the front end, and clear the cache. I added some allocated disk space to how much it will cache. Don't add too much, or it will freeze the system up. :)

Oh I you said docu sp....Im quite familiar with that, but not on an igen, though I'm sure it's similar... I also find on on very high file sizes with variable postscript files, I cannot release too many at once or it will sit and sit and sit, sometimes error. Actually just happened Friday.

good luck.

5. MarkD

MarkD Senior Member

The Freeflow is basically DocuSP with a refined front end :) There are/were only three DFE's for iGen. Freeflow, Fiery and now dropped from the iGen family, Creo

--
    Mark

6. peels

peels tree killer :)

Yep, cool.

I get confused sometimes...the older Docuprints we had had that on them for years...its pretty much the same exact thing...