problems with roll paper feed on SC P7500

Discussion in 'Large Format Inkjet Printers' started by Howler, Mar 17, 2022.

1. Howler

Howler New Member

I have had consistent problems with the above, getting banding, and blurring because the feed is not accurate, I think. No problems with sheets at all. epson keep getting me to do more and more tests, last thing was to see if there was an updated paper profile from Hahnemuehle (?) I am getting desperate now as I am losing print jobs and soon will lose customers. I have done all the checks with paper feed adjustment and length tests. they look good then a print is blurry, always noticeable on the end edge, never sharp, and always too short, even though length test is spot on.

2. Howler

Howler New Member

Is only Happening with Hahnemuehle German Etching ok with both Photo rag and a fotospeed semi gloss

3. Howler

Howler New Member

So no replies here, nothing from Epson either despite several emails all with proper reference number etc. realised I had no option but to sort it myself, eventually discovered salvation via 'offset paper feed'. No one, not Epson or any of the third party engineers had mentioned anything about this setting to me.

4. Curving Clearly

Curving Clearly New Member

H Howler. I printed at 1118x760mm from a German Etching roll for the first time on a Epson sc9500 and it started sharp and became blurry after 25cm ish (twice). I changed from hi speed to low (uni), quality from 4 to 5, suction +1, and I did a feed adjustment and a print head alignment before printing and the results were far superior all over and no drop in sharpness across print (origina lsharp start of the first print turned out to be just less blurry!). I do not seem to have a setting in advanced settings for "offset paper feed "for roll paper. Can you please let me know where you found it and what settings you chose?
    Thanks

5. Howler

Howler New Member

I found it in advanced paper settings, and chose setting by trial and error with a test file of some 2 point lines, it has solved a lot of problems that I was getting with HGE and only HGE.