problem with SM74-2P CPTcompact with KID - help

Discussion in 'Heidelberg Printing Presses' started by NimeshSilva, Jun 24, 2015.

1. NimeshSilva

NimeshSilva Senior Member

Hi all
    Need a little help.
    One of my client's sm74-2p (CPTronic compact with KID) had got an error. The error was the display shows #2 error. But The machine can be run and inch in straight mode. The only problem is it cannot be changed to perfecting.I've checked lot of things but couldn't find any problem. So I've carried out a basic initialization. Now the problem is the KID display shows the "HEIDELBERG CP-TRONIC" only. The machine cannot be run or inch.

I think the varient codes has erased. Can anybody please educate me how to set them again? I have took them down before the basic initialization. So I have the codes with me. The only problem is the display has freezed.

Please help me guys.
    Thank you

2. Mathew

Mathew Senior Member

How did you carry the basic initialization? Unlike ZID Compact machines, you should jump between pin 9-10 and 11-12.

Good luck,

3. NimeshSilva

Dear Mathew,
    Thank you for quick reply.
    Do you mean I have to jump both 9-10 and 11-12 at the same time?
    I've only jumped the 11-12.

So, will it get corrected again I carry out the basic initialization with 9-10 and 11-12 both jumped?

Thank for the invaluable help.

4. Mathew

Mathew Senior Member

Yes, you have to use two jumpers. 9-10, 11-12. It's quite different from the old generation.

Good luck,

5. NimeshSilva

Dear Mathew,
    Thank you for the valuable information.
    I'll try it out today and let you know.

6. NimeshSilva

Wohaaaa!!!!

There was an error in the perfector. It came up in the display After the basic initialization. And after turning the machine with the crank handle couple of Revs and the couple of change overs, the #2 disappeared.

Thank you very very much dear Mathew.
    You saved the day. I Really appreciate your help.
    God bless you.

7. NimeshSilva

Today an unfortunate happened,
    The #2 error was back.

the display shows #2 but the machine can be run and inch, paper can be feed and can do the production.
    But it cannot change to the perfecting. when we preselect the perfecting mode and press the green button, the light goes out and thats it. its not showing any error or warning. just the green LED goes off.

please help me to figure this out.

Thanks
    if I do a basic initialization again, maybe it'll correct again temporarily, But couldn't understand why its coming back. No reason for the #2

8. Mathew

Mathew Senior Member

Hi,
    You have to check Crank Handle release microswitch. For that, turn off machine, insert Crank Handle and keep the lever up while you are turning machine ON. if fault is gone, then the microswitch on the back side of RED Color covers should be replaced.

Good luck,

9. NimeshSilva

Dear Mathew,
    You're a genius.,
    After that day, my client reported me that the #2 error was disappeared automatically. But today it came back again. I've went there and done as you've said and the #2 error was gone. You're 100% correct. The switch behind the red cover is faulty. I'm going to replace it soon.

It's very strange that heidelberg didn't program to show up it on the fault display. Anyway, million thanks again.

God bless

10. Mathew

Mathew Senior Member

You are mostly welcome, we are here to help and share our experiences with other's.

11. Kartal55

Kartal55 Member

fella's

you gotta educate us about what exactly a "basic initialisation " is ? obviously our friend "matthew" knows speedmasters inside out.

12. NimeshSilva

This thread is too old now,
    And yeah, Mathew had helped me a lot. Hats off for him.

The basic initialization turns the machine into the state that it is freshly came out of the factory. It erase all the user defined data, jobs, ink and water pan roller speeds, and zero out all the servo motors. And also it erases any saved error conditions too.