Problem with Multigraphics 3850

Discussion in '1-Color and 2-Color Offset Presses' started by Rotwang, Jan 22, 2011.

1. Rotwang

Rotwang New Member

Hello,

I am currently running an AM Multigraphics 3850. It worked fine for several years. Until today.

I turned on the master switch, but the control panel is showing all lights and with '8888' on the counter. All red lamps on the control panel are on. I printed yesterday evening, all went well, then the next morning.... nothing worked anymore!

There was no lightning strike or something, which could have damaged my machine overnight.

I turned off the covers on the backside of the machine (where all the electro-stuff is located). But everything seems to be fine. All fuses are okay. I cleaned all the plugs (they were a little bit oily) with cleaning spray and compressed air. No cables are loose. But nothing seems to help.

I had this "error" on the control panel one time, since I have this machine. I printend, stopped the motor but I haven't switched the machine completely off - and went away for about 45 minutes (Fan blowing, working lamp on). Then I came to the machine, and the panel showed exactly this error. After switching the machine on and off, the error disappeared. This was 8 months ago, and the error never showed up again.

Any idea? - I have no technician here (the next is about 800 miles away). And I have no engineers manual available for this machine.

Maybe the technician can "reset" the control programm, like flashing a BIOS on a motherboard. Some hidden switch or something like that for resetting it completly...

I also changed the control panel (from a 3875), but this wasn't the problem.

On one circuit board (left hand) there are some red diodes, like "D6" and "D20" and so on. Only "D21" lights red on the 3850 machine. "D21" and "D6" lights in the 3875-machine. But I don't know, if this is because the 3875 has two printing heads... or "D6" is defective at the 3850.

Maybe someone had this problem also, any help would be appreciated.

Yours,
    Rotwang
    (a hobby printer)

Last edited: Jan 23, 2011
  2. Rotwang

Rotwang New Member

Machine is running again.
    Maybe there was a contact problem. I left the power box and logic box open and put a warm-air fan at the back of the machine. It seems, that the dry and warm air has resolved the problem...

Yours,
    Rotwang