Problem with APC Komori 428 L

Discussion in 'Komori Printing Presses' started by Leograf, Apr 7, 2022.

1. Leograf

Leograf Member

Hello. My name is Agustín, I am writing to you from Argentina.

The problem I have is that when I put APC to change the plate. And I go to body 4 and press the button ready and APC, It enables me to make the change in body 3. And so on with the other bodies. Unfortunately, in Argentina there is no one suitable who can solve it for me. I thank in advance whoever can give me a hand.

2. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Hi Leograf;

Normally this happen with the software is Corrupted.

You can try to Reinstall again.

3. Leograf

Leograf Member

Thanks for your quick response. He couldn't tell me where I could get the software or buy it. On the other hand I bought the cable to connect the plc to the computer, but I don't know what program I should use, if you could give me a hand I would appreciate it. Thank you very much in advance

4. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Good evening

https://www.komori-america.us/sponsors/ go to that website in USA;

Komori America Corporation
    5520 Meadowbrook Industrial Court
    Rolling Meadows, IL 60008

KOMORI SERVICE

komoriservice@komori.us
    1-800-247-2670

info@komori.us
    847-806-9000

KOMORI PARTS

komoriparts@komori.us
    1-800-KOMORI-1

(1-800-566-6741)

Fax: 1-847-806-9062

and ask for the contact in South America, for your country, or if they can sell you, Komori is a difficult company. at the same time you can ask for the PLC software.

5. Leograf

Leograf Member

Thank you very much. There I wrote to the address that you gave me, I hope they can give me a solution. Too bad he's not in Argentina to be able to solve this problem for me.

6. realaqu

realaqu Member

I don't think it is a software issue if everything works as it should, maybe when they installed the press, put data cable in wrong slot, you just need to switch them back

7. Leograf

Leograf Member

Couldn't you tell me what that cable would be so I can locate it? After that, everything else is perfect. He makes all the perfect stops. Thanks

8. realaqu

realaqu Member

Who installed the press for you? Call them for help

9. Leograf

Leograf Member

Those who installed the printer say that it is the program, I have been with the machine for three months with this problem.

10. realaqu

realaqu Member

In that case, you might need to take off the cover to see where the cable goes to see if the marks on cable match the marks on connector

11. Bloke

Bloke Member

That’s the way it is supposed to work in auto mode. If you are changing all 4 plates simply press the APC and the ready button at the delivery end of the press and that begins the full sequence starting at the last unit. Or more simply….if you want to change just 1 individual unit, lift the guard of that unit THEN press ready/APC.

12. Leograf

Leograf Member

Hello. The printer is from the year 1998 and does not have that function. In the photo I uploaded is what I have to press to start the APC cycle and then go to each skin and press ready and apc to start the change process

Attached Files:

13. Bloke

Bloke Member

From memory, try apc on, then ready, then apc on again. This should start the music/process. If this is not correct, then I encourage you to try the other option I suggested.

14. Leograf

Leograf Member

I can't find the button that says done. If you can give me more information I would appreciate it. Thanks

15. Bloke

Bloke Member

To stop the plate change process…either press “ready then inch.” Or at either end of the press (feeder and delivery) you will notice a stop button not the same as the mushroom type you have everywhere else. This stop cancels the plate change process. It is also used in production to run out the feeder then slow the press down gradually to a stop.

16. Leograf

Leograf Member

What happens is that when I go and press apc on the console in front of the machine it lights up. And when I go to any body. To say the 3 and I press there APC enables me to make the change in the body 2. The striking thing that the whole process makes it perfect

17. Bloke

Bloke Member

I’m troubled as to what the problem is because what you are reporting is exactly what the plate changer should do. Is it that you don’t know how to change the last unit plate.

18. Leograf

Leograf Member

It's like the start of the APC is out of date. The bad thing is that it never lets me activate my unit 4. Some people from Komori will come to see the machine there. We'll see what he says. All a mystery.!! Thank you for your concern to solve this problem. Meanwhile I'll keep looking, if you can think of anything else please share it.

19. Bloke

Bloke Member

Re-read my previous post. To activate unit 4…go up to the unit and raise the inking guard with the switch and leave it in that position. Then press APC there at the unit and press ready, then APC again. This starts the process there.

20. Leograf

Leograf Member

Many thanks. On Monday I will try to do it that way. And I'll tell you if we were lucky. Thank you very much in advance for the help you are giving me.