Problem with a spot color! Need help!

Discussion in 'Konica Minolta Color Laser Printers & Copiers' started by bulgaria_mitko, Jan 19, 2010.

1. bulgaria_mitko

bulgaria_mitko Member

We have to print a spot color for one company and we have a densitometer and the color is RGB: 0/114/125 and we are using coreldraw, but when we print it is mixing the color and it is printing something like RGB: 85/134/154 for example...

some suggestions :( We are using CWS on Ikon CPP 650

2. Jeff

Jeff Senior Member

In CorelDraw, what are your color management settings (specifically for the Composites printer) under Tools -> Color Management. Do you have the correct profile for your printer selected there with the orange arrow from the center to the composites printer? (corel uses the color management settings chosen here and not the windows globals, unlike other programs.)

Can you specify the color in coreldraw as the actual CMYK value and bypass the colormanagement/color profile issue that way?

3. bulgaria_mitko

bulgaria_mitko Member

i have other question... i have run some tests... and when i go to CWS with the administrative rights and go to Spot Colors and then i create a new Group call "Test" and create for example 2 colors and when you right click on the color and click "edir color" and there is a print button and print this color and then i use the densitometer to check if the machine have printed the right color, but the machine didnt print the right color, there is difference... can someone tell me why this can happen???

4. Xirc

Xirc Member

How far off is it? Have you done full gradiation adjustment on the stock you're printing on from the machine itself?

5. bulgaria_mitko

bulgaria_mitko Member

Well i dont remember exactly, but it is around 5-10 away, what i mean by that is if is should be CMYK=100/5/35/45 it print it like CMYK = 100/15/45/55 or something like that. I have to check to make sure what is the exact difference. I have done Calibration from the CWS with my ES-1000. What can i do more to Calibrate the machine? What is full gradiation adjustment and how i can do that on my machine?