Problem printing from InDesign CS3 or Acrobat 9 to Phaser 7760

Discussion in 'Xerox Color Laser Printers & Color Copiers' started by Norcrans, Oct 9, 2009.

1. Norcrans

Norcrans New Member

I am having an issue when I print to a Xerox Phaser 7760 printer from InDesign CS3 or Acrobat Professional 9 that I’m hoping someone else has seen this and has a fix for it.

I have an InDesign CS3 file that was created on a Mac running OSX 10.4.11. The file is pretty simple except for a text box at the top that is filled with PMS180 and contains some white text with a drop shadow of black applied to the text. When I print this file to a Phaser 7760 everything prints fine except for the box with the text and drop shadow. The type and shadow effect have a box around it that is close to a PMS180 and the rest of the box is a darker red. I've tried uploading a pdf to show you what the print looks like but I have been unsuccessful. :( I'll keep trying to get a pdf added to the post.

This seems to be a common issue for us when creating InDesign files with effects and printing them to this printer. I have even tried exporting the file to a PDF v1.4 and printing the pdf from Acrobat Professional 9 but I get the same results. I have also tried selecting several of the printer specific options but get the same results. If I send the same file to an Epson 9800 the files print fine. This is OK as a work around but expensive for me to proof this way when the customer doesn’t want a high end proof.

If anyone has any fixes for this please let me know.