Printing spot colors Kodak Directpress 5634

Discussion in 'DI Presses' started by MrDHG, Oct 31, 2012.

1. MrDHG

MrDHG New Member

Occasionally have to print spot colors on this press. Only have 4 units. For certain work it's pretty simple, like a 2/c bus card. I designate the spot color as a process either in the native file or in the page workflow (using Nexus 9.0.3) , say PMS 295 as Cyan, and the pressman would ink up the cyan unit with 295. However, it gets a little crazy sometimes if we run a 5 or 6/c job (CMYK + spot). Pressman insists he cannot map the spot color at the press to a certain unit. I know he can map a process color to another unit, for instance he is out of black plates, so he maps the black to the cyan unit or whichever. So, my question is, is it possible at the DI for the pressman to map a spot color to one of the units on press?

2. OkiTech

OkiTech Senior Member

http://dipressforums.com/

I hate to sent people away from here as it is really nice and resourceful place but I think this forum has exact answer to your question. Good luck.

3. MrDHG

MrDHG New Member

Thanks for the heads up. I will give them a try.

4. PhxDIGuy

PhxDIGuy Member

I ran a Kodak 5634 for over 5 years and ran five and six color jobs all the time, I'm just not 100 percent clear on your question, there are a number of ways to print more than fours colors on that press.

5. MrDHG

MrDHG New Member

Thanks. What I am asking is if I send a spot color to the DI, can the pressman assign that spot color to a specific unit on the press?

6. mc8305

mc8305 Member

Yes no problem, just click on the print menu, then click on the "color set" icon on the right hand side of the screen. In that dialog your pressman is able to choose which color is assigned to which unit (both process and spot color)