Printing on dark stock

Discussion in 'Komori Printing Presses' started by denningmp3, Feb 13, 2013.

1. denningmp3

denningmp3 Member

hello I am trying to print a job on duplex stock, white one side dark blue on the other. The press starts up, takes a few sheets into the press and trips off, also the air turns off. The press is a Lithrone 6/28. The only thing i have turned off is the optical
    double sheet detector

2. presselectronics

presselectronics Senior Member

When running dark stock, the first thing to do is turn up the Imp sensor sensitivity - clockwise. It is located underneath the feedboard in a small metal box on most 28" presses. The way you set it is to turn the small screw (on the Amp) clockwise until the Amp lights up with no stock. Then insert your dark stock sheet and turn counter clockwise until Amp light goes out. Hopefully you counted how many turns it took and turn it back halfway.

3. denningmp3

denningmp3 Member

Tried that, still no dice

4. presselectronics

When it trips, what error is displayed? Does the Imp light flicker with the first few sheets? Does it run on the white side? You need to provide a little more information. . .

5. denningmp3

denningmp3 Member

The impression light flickers occasionally when I run uncoated or dull stock but does not light up at all on this dark stock and yes it runs with the white side down. mo39f is the error that shows up in the error log at the KMS. I tried to adjust the amp for the impression sensor but almost none is left, I am thinking it needs replacing. I have replaced three of them so far, the over shoot,right front lay and left side guide. All three of the newer sensors read the dark sheet. What do you think ? Thanks for your help

6. presselectronics

I agree on the amp replacement. It should not flicker on dull or uncoated stock. You might also need a new fiberoptic sensor while you are at it. . .
    Good luck.

7. Yorkshire Gripper

Yorkshire Gripper Senior Member

Put a white sheet on top of the pile.

YG

8. offset005

offset005 Member

hi guys ,
    I need service (mechanical) pdf files of any printing machines. Plz send at
    offset005@gmail.com