Printing color on an Okidata C3200n

Discussion in 'Other Color Laser Printers & Color Copiers' started by digitalBill, Apr 16, 2008.

1. digitalBill

digitalBill New Member

I had a client send me a PDF file and wanted it printed in a PMS color. The original PDF was in black. They wanted it all printed in the same color. Is there any way to do this?
    Thanks for your help,
    digitalBill

2. Jeff

Jeff Senior Member

* I'm not sure how accurate the Okidata can match a PMS color
    * I'm not sure how accurate the match needs to be for your purpose
    * and I'm not sure if there is an easier way to do this direct from the PDF :)

But until someone else posts an easier or better way to accomplish this, one workaround would be to open the PDF in photoshop which will rasterize the whole black and white PDF to a 300 dpi or 600 dpi grayscale image (the resoultion you specify.)

Now that you have it in photoshop, go to Image -> Mode -> Duotone and then in the Duotone dialogue box select Monotone, click on the color square there, click on Libraries and then you can select the PMS color.

Now it's up to your color calabration, rip, and printer to match or tweak slightly, but it should be farily easy. This is kind of a hack, but should work fine in a pinch.

3. digitalBill

digitalBill New Member

Thanks, Jeff. I did not think Photoshop would open a PDF, but then I never tried. I did that and it worked just fine. At least in this case. Thanks again, DigitalBill