Printing Color - Line Problem Xerox700 Digital Color Press

Discussion in 'Xerox Color Laser Printers & Color Copiers' started by Mister225, Jan 20, 2017.

1. Mister225

Mister225 Member

I have these lines on pages. I am farely new to this printing thing and was wondering if anyone had an idea as to what this is. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

[​IMG]

2. Jeff

Jeff Senior Member

Assuming it's in the print direction, my first guess would be yellow drum or developer housing. Try swapping the yellow drum as that is the fastest thing to check.

3. Mister225

Mister225 Member

Thanks Jeff for your response. I switched yellow and blue drums and the line is in the same spot.

4. Jeff

Jeff Senior Member

Hopefully someone with more knowledge of the 700 will step in and give you some guidance...

From other xerox docucolor machines, for that type of process direction streak once the yellow drum was ruled out I would look to the yellow developer assembly.

5. Mister225

Mister225 Member

cool thanks I have switched the drums out so next is I guess is the developer.

6. InterfaceP

InterfaceP Senior Member

I know this is a late reply but that's not a developer issue, developer lines are thin and resemble a pen line. Your issue is with the ROS, it has a build up of toner on it creating a shadow blurred effect. LMK if you need help I have a YouTube video that will solve the problem.

7. Mister225

Mister225 Member

Hey I sure do need help. Thanks. can you send it to me?

8. InterfaceP

InterfaceP Senior Member

This is for a Docucolor but the procedure is the same. Remove the Fuser it will make the transfer drawer lighter.

[video]https://youtu.be/MrDpzLIhVAQ[/video]

9. Mister225

Mister225 Member

ok so I cleaned them all looks like its getting better, but can you tell from my color what is the one that is dirty?

10. InterfaceP

InterfaceP Senior Member

maybe the yellow? I don't have an eye of colors. Clean them all, and replace the Ozone filter below and behind tray 5. Also check the tops of the developers if you see them getting dirty you will have an ongoing problem with dirty lasers.

11. Mister225

Mister225 Member

I think it was the yellow. and thanks again. You are a lifesaver!

12. Dinca Razvan

Dinca Razvan Member

It is the yellow developer housing. The drum it is Ok, the problem is with developing house, after you change them and the developer dont forgoth to change the value in the NVM to put the new value from the new house.

13. Mister225

Mister225 Member

Dinca the issue is fixed with info from Interface P....I was not the developer it was the ROS being dirty.

14. Biggs

Biggs Senior Member

Looks to be Yellow. I can still see Cyan in the print after the line transitions into that other wood grain. Magenta and black also look present. Gotta be yellow.

I have seen some developer issues like this though. Not a little clump of developer that creates a hair line, but when internal metal roller fails to magnetize on a portion of the roller. creating a large dead spot. This was on a different machine though, so take it for what it's worth.

15. Mister225

Mister225 Member

thanks Biggs Interface P helped me once again. He is great!