Printer for bottle labels

Discussion in 'Other Color Laser Printers & Color Copiers' started by Cidermaker, Sep 12, 2013.

1. Cidermaker

Cidermaker New Member

Hi there,

I am a cider and juice producer in France and would like to print my own labels.

Can someone please help me to not make an expensive mistake? :)

I started by looking at the OKI small business printers (c711 and C830) and then read on the forums about the older Xerox DC12 and 3535 machines that would offer great performance.

There are also the Richo Aficio mcp7500 machines available at a low price with booklet finisher.

All in all I am looking for a sub 1200 euro / £1000 machine that will print around 60,000 labels per year + assorted promo material. Ability to print directly 'through' the printer would be an advantage as I can then set up a label rewinder to feed that machine and vice versa.

Thanks again and hope you can help.

Cidermaker

2. OkiTech

OkiTech Senior Member

Hi Cidermaker. The DC12 and DC3535 not only old, they are ancient, besides getting the box that prints trough your door, think about future support and supplies. Xerox Phaser 7760 or OKI C9800 line would be a wiser choice in my opinion. I have no knowledge about how much these run second hand in Europe, here in USA you can get a nice one for around $1400.

3. Cidermaker

Cidermaker New Member

Hi Unlimited

Thanks for taking the time out to reply. Agreed, I was a little worried about shipping those printers and then craning them into my office!

I will check out the oki and phaser. I think I could find a good one for a reasonable price. It would be great if I could do a single pass-through print on a label roll.

Thanks again

Cider.:cool:

4. Cidermaker

Cidermaker New Member

I guess an OKI es3460pro or 9410 would also be of interest?

5. tamponprint

tamponprint Senior Member

hi,dear we are the screen printer&pad printer manufacturer from China,we don't know if the machine suitable for your bottle label print?
    www.tamponprintmachine.com

6. johnronn63

johnronn63 Previous User

Hi,
    it's nice to hear your voice; you are looking printing machine that will print 60k label per year. i dont know where are you from!! if your from USA then http://www.usaprintingmachines.com/ or other place then collect it from Chine it will be cheaper. If you want to collect label from printing firm then Colorprint would be best for your labels.
    Thanks

7. rossio

rossio Senior Member

Hi Cidermaker,

guess the best you can do: stay to your profession.
    In Europe lots of online printshops providing any kind of labels in sheet and roll.
    I had a printshop and did winelables, but today I would choose pre printed labels and a small label printer for rolls.

Regards Rossio

PS: just found this: http://www.jorg.de/en/digital_printing/jorg_labelweb_220/general.htm
    could be a solution for you

8. Carren Elaine Agpalasin

Carren Elaine Agpalasin New Member