Printed results Indigo press 5000 hp easily scratched and peeling, ...

Discussion in 'HP Indigo Digital Presses' started by andrympd, Dec 24, 2009.

1. andrympd

andrympd New Member

Hi dear, ...

I use the HP Indigo Press 5000. and I had a problem with the print. Why Indigo print results easily scratched and peeling off when removed from the stacker or when done in pieces?? what else if the image is black 4 colors!! while the prints coming out of the machine is perfect. How to outsmart that does not scratch or peel?? Is there any ink to indigo-5000 wrote more specific? Is there a machine or other supporting tools should I add to coat the print??

Please guide from your seniors?

Thanks
    Andry. :)

2. Raphael D Coccia

Raphael D Coccia Member

Stop the scratcing

The key to printing black is to keep it under 290% If you have more than that on the sheet it will peel and scratch. Also Use GPA Paper. We tried all sorts of paper and GPA is the best.

3. andrympd

andrympd New Member

Unsolved problems, ...

Thank you for your response.
    But I do not understand what the purpose of "The key to printing black is to keep it under 290%". Please explain more specifically, because I only knew 5 months indigo, ...:confused:
    And on paper, if you have other recommendations in addition to GPA, because I know there is no paper GPA in Indonesia ,......

Thank you once again.
    Andry. :)

4. Raphael D Coccia

Raphael D Coccia Member

what i am refering to under 290% is the color build %. Pull your file up in indesign and look at the % of all 4 colors. Black should be 100% Cyan,magenta and yellow about 50 to 60% each youll have to play with the numbers to get the black you are looking for. Most people make there 4 color black in BK100% C100% M100% Y100%. with the indigo too much ink = too much problems. Other paper choices would be Neekosa or sterling. good luck!

5. go3tz

go3tz New Member

scratches after Print

Hello,

my experience and importend points for a good color transfer

1. The Color coverage under 290%
    2. Right Calibrate Temperature
    3. Right Color Conductivity
    4. The Paper
    5. delay time for finishing

regrads
    go3tz

6. tsrcomputer

tsrcomputer New Member

Either too much ink or not enough blanket temp. Too hot lose highlight dots too cool and you will get picking. Also clean your ITM drum shoulder and blanket thermostat. If your printing abouve 290 then raise blanket to 155/160
    Look if there is oil on top of your ink this is a sign that your blanket temp is low or your itm suction fan isnt turning on or your paddle flow sensors are clogged with dried Imaging Oil.
    Good Luck,
    TSR

7. Dan_Rutherfurd

Dan_Rutherfurd New Member

Colour Breakup for Solid Black

I found the best breakup for my Indigo was 100%K then 20% CMY and to only use the stacker, not the proof tray. SOmetimes the other thing that woks well is to double hit the black but this doesn't always work with jobs which have K text.

Reply To>

8. louand

louand New Member

temperure is one thing, color coverage under 290% is one thing too. Did someone ever try to change the ink printing order. The ink default order of the press is Y M C B . If i change the order like this B C M Y i get less scratch. I do almost all my job like so.

9. hoopera

hoopera Member

10. sketchprinting

sketchprinting Member

We usually get away with 100%k and 50%C on large areas, due to this inherent problem with black and indigos we now UV coat all sheets with large areas of black, we had so many complaints from customers before doing this. Changing order can help but not that much.

11. smygolf

smygolf Member

you always get that prob on uncouted stock on serie 2 presses, either you live with it or you treat it with topaz or digiprime.