Print fit

Discussion in 'Komori Printing Presses' started by david define, Feb 19, 2016.

1. david define

david define Member

Hi, we are running a 2005 model GL540c, 40 inch size press. As far as I know on straight printing presses the packing under the plates should all be the same size thickness as well as the blankets. We have had to put different thickness packings under the plates. Our blankets are 1,95mm thick with a 0,43mm thickness pac king. Our plates are packed as such, unit 1 is 0,16mm; units 2&3 are 0,14mm and 4&5 are 0,12mm. We have had to pack the p[lates with these different thickness packings in order to get the colours fitting at 99%. Our Komori instructor says he has never seen this before. Any thoughts on this???

2. Meny

Meny Senior Member

Are all blankets the same age & make?
    did you pack all the blankets the same ? (same order of sheets)
    did you make sure the packing is accurate to what is writen on it ? i have seen up to 15% tollerance from well known makes.

3. aqazi81

aqazi81 Senior Member

As Meny pointed out check your blankets and one more thing to add, always use a torque wrench to tighten the blankets on cylinder. This will make sure that all blankets are stretched equally and are at the same height. You can also use a packing gauge to confirm blanket height is same on all units.

4. Jimma

Jimma Member

not unheard of for presses that are set up to run 80gsm and less coated stock with a lot of ink coverage ie;magazine work ,although i don't adhear to the idea myself have seen it on more than one komori set up this way from new the question is are you having print length issues on different stocks usually when set this way fit will be ok up to 100gsm then over that you will have to start stretching 1st deck to fit up and are you running hard packings or underblankets

5. spikeboy

spikeboy Senior Member

pure insanity every thing should pack the same check all gripper and pressure settings unless machine is beat to hell
    should fit?