Print Broker Whatcha Think?

Discussion in 'Printing Business Practices' started by superiorprint, Nov 10, 2012.

1. superiorprint

superiorprint New Member

Wrong Section

Wrong section

Last edited: Nov 12, 2012
  2. Heidelberglen

Heidelberglen Member

Brokering

I've been printing for other printers for 30++ years. I am now and an owner of a shop and a lot of my work is outsourced ( brokered), labels, business forms, business cards, signage, cheques and much more we just don't do ( or it's cheaper to outsource). So to answer your question I would say yes but not to ask your current employer to do the work until you've started your brokerage. Super fast internet and knowledge is all you need to survive in this ever changing industry. Good Luck

3. gregprintpro

gregprintpro New Member

I've been working for a western managed printing company in Asia for many years. We do a lot of business across the US. From my perspective, given the choice between working with an in-house print buyer or a print broker i would go with the print broker anytime, even though our profit margins are smaller for brokered jobs. Print brokers generally have had more extensive hands on experience in the print industry, are more knowledgeable about different production options, understand the pros and cons of different solutions and communicate this clearly with the actual decision makers. Because they have a higher stake in the outcome of the print job being highly successful are more realistic about what it takes to achieve this.