Price Digital Press

Discussion in 'Other Digital Presses' started by Mark Holland, Feb 25, 2012.

1. Mark Holland

Mark Holland Member

Were thinking of leasing/buying a new digital printer. These are approximately our prints.
    Color: 9.000 p/month
    B/W: 12.000 p/month

What we think is important!
    - Registration (front/back)
    - Quality
    - Paperweight between 70 - 300 gr.
    - Booklets with staples in the back
    - Price (about 2.000 a month max.)

Were considering:
    Canon ImageRunner Advance 9060.
    Konica Minolta Bizhub PRO C6000
    Konica Minolta Bizhub PRESS C6000

Any thoughts, suggestions and ideas about prices?

2. OkiTech

OkiTech Senior Member

How about OKI? Something like C9850 with saddle stitch finisher? Machine will cost you 6-7000 to buy and own, with amount of printing you had mentioned, supplies should cost less than a 1000 per month... I had seen this machines go over 1.5 million clicks - as far as life span....

3. Mark Holland

Mark Holland Member

We've had an Oki in the past, but it's not really an option. Quality is not what our customers want.

additional info:
    - about 60 ppm (A4)
    - We also want to have a servece-contract. Machines in the past and present prove that it is a must in our business.
    The machine has to be running within 8 hours (workhours).

4. nhmartin52

nhmartin52 Member

I have a Konica Minolta bizhub PRESS C6000 with a large capacity tray, dehumidifier for the LCT, ES-1000 spectrometer (for calibration), HDD, Preview kit, embedded fiery controller, relay unit, rehumidifcation unit, stapling finisher, and booklet finisher. It is $45,000 USD, or $775/month with a 60 month lease.

5. OkiTech

OkiTech Senior Member

Mark hi, you seriously need a 60 cpm machine to make
    B/W: 12.000 p/month ?
    Realistically this is a load for 16 cpm machine...
    As for the last post before this one - guys please read original question - there is no way a volume of
    B/W: 12.000 p/month
    could justify a $45,000 device.
    I run this much on Xerox Phaser 7760 :) which is $1500 used, could get a contract for it for 12c color, 2c B/W. The only 300+ GSM is not an option and registration could be a little better but nice DC242 should do what they need even with volume twice as high for $7-8k and contract will cost 8c color and probably 1-1.5c for B/W.

6. nhmartin52

nhmartin52 Member

UnlimitedBT, you are correct. For the volume, a copier would be a better option than a digital press. However, I don't think it would be wise to run 21,000 copies/month on a 16 ppm device. I think a 30 - 40 ppm device would be more appropriate.
    Since I sell Konica Minolta, I will limit my recommendations to what I know. The Konica Minolta bizhub C360 with a LCT, embedded fiery controller, stapling finisher, saddle stitch kit, and fax board would run around $10,500 USD or $210/month with a 60 month lease.

7. OkiTech

OkiTech Senior Member

Well, I don't know capabilities of KM and you certainly seem to know your products, but I was a little sarcastic about 16cpm :). DC242 is 40cpm device and could be an alternative to the model of KM you had mentioned.