Preventative Mainentance iGen 150, Xerox 1000

Discussion in 'Xerox Digital Presses' started by DoeM, Jun 10, 2017.

1. DoeM

DoeM New Member

Hi,
    I'm looking for recommended for a suggested daily, weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, preventative maintenance tasks for the xerox 1000 and the iGen 150. From your experience what tasks should be done routinely and when? Thanks

2. Milo Wilson

Milo Wilson Senior Member

CMT Color calibration, charge wires cleaning.

DoeM likes this.
  3. DoeM

DoeM New Member

Thanks Milo, do you think the paper path and sensors should be routinely cleaned weekly.

4. Milo Wilson

Milo Wilson Senior Member

Depends on volume that is run through the machine. Definitely the duplex paper path should be checked and/or cleaned weekly. Especially the post fuser duplex assy.

5. charlieapps123

charlieapps123 Member

OK. This is what i was told during initial iGen 5 - 150 training. Don't do any maintenance unless the "maintenance turtle" ( warning scale) tells you to, and only then when the machine's causing issues.
    For instance, if the scale goes red and print quality is fine do nothing. If you then get image transfer problems or jams it's time to do maintenance. No preventative maintenance is required. SHE LIKES TO BANG AWAY ALL DAY WITH HER FLAPS SHUT WITH THE MINIMUM OF OPERATOR INTERVENTION !!!!

6. Stitch

Stitch Member

I was told to gently whipe the outboard glass plate thats located before the belt daily and those 4 fingers that lift the paper off the fuser every day. 1min work but can save lots of trouble.

7. charlieapps123

charlieapps123 Member

Ok. The 4 fingers that lift the paper off the fuser are the stripper fingers and I only clean them when I change a fuser roll.
    I only clean the platen glass when double sided images are not backing up correctly. Then I would clean it, then do an auto image on paper calibration. If what you're doing works for you that's great, but I don't do any preventative maintenance.

8. Stitch

Stitch Member

Stripper fingers, thanks. One learns every day