Presstek 34DI leaking water...

Discussion in 'DI Presses' started by mutti8000, Aug 30, 2010.

1. mutti8000

mutti8000 Member

Got some leaking roller joints on our Presstek 34di (the brass thing @ the end of the oscillating rollers)

Pulled one of the leaking joints and i was supprised to see some kind of gasket material completely atomized inside the joint. The gasket looks like some kind of brittle plastic or maybe coal

According to Presstek thes joints are not serviceable an i have to buy the complete brass joint.

Anyone know how to get a hold of these internal plastic/coal gasket?
    Anyone know the original manufacturer of these joints?

/mc

2. Paul Cavanaugh

Paul Cavanaugh Senior Member

They are the same ones used in a QMDI and are manufactured by Deublin. Typically the disc gets broken when someone tries to remove it by loosening the 5mm allens thinking they are what needs to be removed to get the rotary water joint off.

3. Jedo

Jedo Member

If this was leaking on ur press would this make u have to fill up the water temp for ur rollers more often than normall?

4. Ricki Mendes

Ricki Mendes Member

Yes, if you have a leak you will have to keep filling up the chiller. The leak can also cause you a lot of other problems so I would get the leak fixed as soon as you can.

5. Jedo

Jedo Member

What kinda off problems can it cause? So will i check on the side off the rollers to c if there is any leakage? what side will it be on ?