Press Maintenance

Discussion in 'Heidelberg Printing Presses' started by swilson513, Oct 23, 2021.

1. swilson513

swilson513 Member

What’s operators doing for cleaning the back cylinders? We have an SM74 that has the back cylinder cleaners but they don’t do the best job. We had the normal operator out and thought there was going to be a fight as the cylinder’s were in pretty rough shape. All they did was use the automated method. It was ran 3 shifts but most of it was in coated paper and two sided.

In the last place operators were required to clean them at the end of there shift including cleaning them by hand if necessary.

2. Jack liston

Jack liston Senior Member

We have same press we clean by hand nothing but problems if you don't do your self a favor keep as clean as you can

3. turbotom1052

turbotom1052 Senior Member

Its a good idea to do an automatic cleaning when ever you can during the course of a shift to keep buildup in check. Then at the end of the shift the auto clean might just be enough but I would ALWAYS at least check to see if hand washing is needed

4. alibryan

alibryan Senior Member

No offense intended here at all, really, but if you’re a competent operator with some common sense you aren’t even asking this question.

turbotom1052 and CSF like this.
  5. swilson513

swilson513 Member

Ain’t that the truth. I just posted the question to show a few people in the shop. Exactly the answers I wanted to see.

thanks

CSF likes this.
  6. turbotom1052

turbotom1052 Senior Member

That should go over well!!!

7. J. Doebler

J. Doebler New Member

MRC and water, simple.