Premedia Software Inc. launches new cloud-based preflight software

Discussion in 'Layout, graphics, and prepress Software' started by Greg_Firestone, Mar 9, 2012.

1. Greg_Firestone

Greg_Firestone Member

Excerpt from Press Release

The full press release can be found here or for more information go to www.fixmyprintfile.com.

If you have any questions, please feel free to send me a PM.

Regards,
    Greg

2. xfactor printing

xfactor printing Senior Member

Interesting. I would rather do my preflighting in-house though. It would take a while to have to move big files two extra times, to the cloud and from the cloud, to preflight each job. I guess this would work best for those with fat pipes (ample Internet bandwidth to spare.)

3. Greg_Firestone

Greg_Firestone Member

Hi xfactor,

I agree, depending on the size of jobs you receive, an in-house solution will be faster. If you have an 1GB file to upload, you'll spend more time waiting for file transfers than the actual preflighting and correction. It wouldn't make sense. Most of our interest has come from printers and publishers that deal with small to mid-size files (500mb and under). We also don't expect users to process every file they receive through FixMyPrintFile... only the ones they can't easily fix with their current software. It's the ones you can't fix with your current software that cause the biggest headaches and take up most of your time.

Regards,
    Greg